Photo

Some experts claim you should use 25 acp and 32 acp in FMJ for self defense

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 lockman

• Members
  • 7,989 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:07 AM

I would never carry .25 acp. I have seen firsthand a case where a man was shot five times in the head from about 2 feet away with a .25 acp. After the five shots failed to take the man down, he was beaten unconscious with a table leg. The McHenry County coroner determined the cause of death was blood loss. Not one round penetrated the skull enough to cause a fatal injury. He bleed out while laying unconscious for several hours. Even a 22lr had a much greater probability of penetration in that case. ^ this ***

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#32 Russ S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:38 AM

In the past, I have carried, .22, .25 and .32.  FMJ in the .25 and .32 mostly because that's what the older guns fed reliably.  I doubt that you get much expansion out of HP in either round from tiny pistols guns anyway.  My current pocket gun (lcp) weighs the same (or less) than any of my older mouseguns.

You'll not stand out in any way. Your entire image is crafted to leave no lasting impression on anyone you encounter. You're a rumor, recognizable only as deja vu, and dismissed just as quickly.

#33 Raw Power

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

Basically a .380 is as small as you should go. A .22 magnum would be the exception.

There are plenty of mouse .380s that are small enough to conceal.

The .25 and .32 are likely to anger the person you might shoot.

Stick with .380 or larger.

That's ridiculous. No one wants to get shot with anything, unless they're out of their mind (either due to drugs or mental instability).

A .22 will kill. So will a .25 or .32acp.

Carry what you can handle. If it's a .22, so be it. Don't try to over-compensate... just keep calm and carry concealed (legally, of course).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users