Culp vs Madigan - Lawsuit Filed On Behalf of Non-Residents

Molly B.

True.....but what about the paper application: http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pressdetails.cfm?ID=804

Your driver's license and your concealed carry permit must match, so unless you have a DL and a carry license both from Virginia, for instance, even the "paper" application cannot be submitted. ISP won't be able to complete the phone interview.

• 1 month later...

Any updates or movement on this case?....

Latest entry in Pacer, dated March 26, 2015, shows the outcome of the scheduling conference:

SCHEDULING ORDER entered by U.S. Magistrate Judge Tom Schanzle-Haskins. TIME LIMITS AND SETTINGS ARE ORDERED AS FOLLOWS: Initial Disclosures due by 4/16/2015; Amended Pleadings / Joinder of Parties due by 4/27/2015; Fact Discovery due by 6/24/2015; Plaintiff`s Expert Disclosure due by 7/24/2015; Defendant`s Expert Disclosure due by 9/22/2015; Expert Discovery due by 10/22/2015; Dispositive Motions due by 11/23/2015. Final Pretrial Conference set 2/29/2016 at 2:00 PM in Courtroom 1 in Springfield before U.S. District Judge Sue E. Myerscough. Bench Trial set 3/15/2016 at 9:00 AM before Judge Myerscough. Telephonic Status Conference set Monday, 10/26/2015, at 2:00 PM (court will place call) before U.S. Magistrate Judge Tom Schanzle-Haskins. See written order. (LB, ilcd)

In this scenario it may be a strategic motive. Primary complainant is an active duty airman stationed in Illinois. By dragging things out they may be trying to diminish his claim by waiting for his orders to be up and move to another duty station. A relocation would mean his need for an FCCL no longer exists. See people, your politicians are extremely anti-military too, even when they claim to be pro-military. Drury is an example of this.

In this scenario it may be a strategic motive. Primary complainant is an active duty airman stationed in Illinois. By dragging things out they may be trying to diminish his claim by waiting for his orders to be up and move to another duty station.

Which is all the more reason why I do not understand why the legal team for "our side" is not considering adding other plaintiffs to this case. I know that there are many other non-residents that are being withheld their right to self-defense due to the State's misinterpretation/implementation of the FCCA.

In this scenario it may be a strategic motive. Primary complainant is an active duty airman stationed in Illinois. By dragging things out they may be trying to diminish his claim by waiting for his orders to be up and move to another duty station.

Which is all the more reason why I do not understand why the legal team for "our side" is not considering adding other plaintiffs to this case. I know that there are many other non-residents that are being withheld their right to self-defense due to the State's misinterpretation/implementation of the FCCA.

There are several nonresident plaintiffs identified in the initial complaint. None of them are the primary complainant though.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/06/69af0b1c939b91ff3d3a084cfd77f84c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
It's Myerscough's case. What do you expect? "Let's pump this through because then I can dump it off on CA7." The fact that all of the State's motions for extensions have been granted, citing total horse manure like "I'll be on vacation" and "I have to prepare motions in this case, this case, this case (five more cases) so I need more time" is pathetic. Private practice attorneys would be shredded for doing that, it's an ethical violation to take on a larger caseload than one is capable of managing and "I don't have the time, I have to prepare motions in five other cases" is about as clear or an admission of ethics violations as possible.

• 1 month later...

There are several nonresident plaintiffs identified in the initial complaint. None of them are the primary complainant though.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/06/69af0b1c939b91ff3d3a084cfd77f84c.jpg

Just a random thought, should we consider blanking out their names on that document? Antis do peruse these boards, and I'd be worried about them becoming targets for harassment or what-have-you.

When the fight is over - let's make that, when the fight has succeeded to the point where there is a little slack in the schedule - it would be good to devote some effort to getting some of the critical events and locations - in Illinois, for example, Mary Shepard's church, Otis McDonald's and Rhonda Ezell's homes, etc. - added to the National Register of Historic Places. It's taken decades and a lot of effort to get the proper sort of recognition for sites important to the black civil rights movement but it's gotten done and provides, I think, a good model for what we should do in the future.

Archived