Pritzker admin already planning on going after registered guns?

steveTA84

On 10/8/2023 at 2:25 AM, ak76 said:

False flags have been used throughout history to take rights away.

A scumbag regime like we have will gladly use or make up the first excuse they can. The ISP can add guns to the list every year and I'll bet they add all Glock pistols to the list. Why ? because people ( actually gang members ) are putting switches on them and making full auto guns. You can picture the bloated sack of garbage standing at the podium giving some condescending speech about how we need to get these dangerous machine guns off the street "for the children". Knowing how the regime works I doubt anyone can say that's a far fetched prediction. 

On 8/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, crufflesmuth said:

Additionally, some service pistol models may be banned by PICA.

First, let's look at the text,

(E) A semiautomatic pistol that can accept a
14            detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:
15                    (i) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition
16                magazine that attaches at some location outside of the
17                pistol grip.
18                    (ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a
19                flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer.
20                    (iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially
21                or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits
22                the shooter to fire the firearm without being burned,
23                except a slide that encloses the barrel.

This essentially means, any service pistol with a UPC Code that
involves "threaded barrel" or is marketed from the factory as
"suppressor ready" is covered by the ban..

FNX-45 Tactical 

Ruger Mark IV

HK45 Compact Tactical 

Nighthawk Custom GRP

Beretta M9A3 

Shadow Systems MR920

CZ P-09

Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0

Hushpuppy Glock

CZ P10 Series; C or SR.

CZ P10C; F.

Essentially, these are technically banned if they are factory "suppressor ready" models. Depending on how the "has at least" language is interpreted. 

Also, I was told that if the gun was designed and sold to use a magazine capacity of >15 rounds it needs to be registered. We can continue to carry them with 15 round mags but the gun has to be registered as an assault weapon. As in a Beretta Px4 Storm - The Compact and sub compact are fine as they were designed and shipped using <15 round magazines. The Standard/full size Storm is built around a 17 round mag which makes it an assault weapon.

VooDoo

Edited by Vodoun da Vinci

On 10/8/2023 at 8:44 AM, Vodoun da Vinci said:

Also, I was told that if the gun was designed and sold to use a magazine capacity of >15 rounds it needs to be registered. We can continue to carry them with 15 round mags but the gun has to be registered as an assault weapon. As in a Beretta Px4 Storm - The Compact and sub compact are fine as they were designed and shipped using <15 round magazines. The Standard/full size Storm is built around a 17 round mag which makes it an assault weapon.

VooDoo

So if all it takes is for a handgun to be an “assault weapon”, AND it’s “allowed to be possessed by registering it”, then get the biggest effin mag extension and use that as your carry weapon. Turn that 15 into a greater then 50 and give the current regime the 🖕.

Also, I was told that if the gun was designed and sold to use a magazine capacity of >15 rounds it needs to be registered. We can continue to carry them with 15 round mags but the gun has to be registered as an assault weapon.

You were not provided correct information.  Registering your handgun as an assault weapon (or not) has zero impact on the magazine size and vice versa.  If you read the relevant section you quoted again it's actually quite straight forward:

1. If you have a handgun with a detachable magazine and that magazine attaches outside the grip (eg, an AR-15 pistol) it's covered.
  2. If you have a handgun with a detachable magazine and it has a threaded barrel it's covered.
  3. If you have a handgun with a detachable magazine and it has a barrel shroud that is not a slide (eg, an AR-15 pistol) it's covered.

Magazine size is not relevant other than the fact that you cannot purchase handgun magazines larger than 15 rounds anymore.

Additionally, there is no legal way to carry a loaded handgun magazine with a capacity of more than 15 rounds unless you are exempt (Law enforcement, etc).  There's no mechanism to register those magazines and you can no longer purchase them.  You are allowed to have them loaded in limited places such as at home, ranges, property controlled by someone who has given you permission.. check the law for the full list.  You may only have them unloaded and encased when transporting them between locations you are allowed to have them.

On 10/9/2023 at 7:27 AM, mab22 said:

I thought a handguns detachable magazine capacity also designated as an assault weapon, over 15 and it it becomes a scary weapon and must be registered?

Read Upholder's post again and seek out the relevant definitions on the ISP site or here: 

https://www.alphakoncepts.com/illinois-assault-weapon-ban-explained/

Any semi-automatic pistol which can receive a magazine larger than 15 rounds AND has one of the various banned cosmetic features including (but not limited to) threaded barrels, flash hiders, trigger modifications, barrel shrouds, etc… Again the actual language of the law will be provided below. Really what they are trying to ban the AR and Ak style of pistols here, but at the same time, some service pistols and some concealed carry pistols are also banned if they have one or more cosmetic features. Also banned is any semi-automatic pistol that has a fixed magazine larger than 15 rounds. Please continue reading for greater details.

VooDoo

Edited by Vodoun da Vinci

On 10/9/2023 at 8:53 AM, Vodoun da Vinci said:

Read Upholder's post again and seek out the relevant definitions on the ISP site or here: 

https://www.alphakoncepts.com/illinois-assault-weapon-ban-explained/

VooDoo

According to these guidelines,a TX-22 with 16rd mags and threaded barrel is a scary "assault" weapon. A freaking .22 rimfire.

On 10/9/2023 at 9:36 AM, jackinelgin said:

According to these guidelines,a TX-22 with 16rd mags and threaded barrel is a scary "assault" weapon. A freaking .22 rimfire.

It would be considered an assault weapon, but the SIZE of the detachable magazine is not a factor in that.  The fact that it has a detachable magazine of ANY size and a threaded barrel is enough.

You are right, it says:

3) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable 
magazine or that may be readily modified to accept a detachable
magazine, if the firearm has one or more of the following: 

A) a threaded barrel; 

b) a second pistol grip or another feature capable of functioning as a 
protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

C) a shroud attached to the barrel or that partially or completely 
encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with
the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide
that encloses the barrel; 

D) a flash suppressor;

E) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location 
outside of the pistol grip; or

F) a buffer tube, arm brace, or other part that protrudes horizontally 
behind the pistol grip and is designed or redesigned to allow or

Edited by John Q Public

On 10/9/2023 at 12:14 PM, davel501 said:

I believe it was semi-auto + a scary feature.

So a hand grip turns a gun into an "assault weapon" machine gun and the legislators approved this unbelievable lie. Disgusting the corruptionin in Illinois and how they play with words and a lot of people are dumb enough to believe the verb assault is a gun and not made up to ban and confiscate guns.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:54 PM, ak76 said:

So a hand grip turns a gun into an "assault weapon" machine gun and the legislators approved this unbelievable lie. Disgusting the corruptionin in Illinois and how they play with words and a lot of people are dumb enough to believe the verb assault is a gun and not made up to ban and confiscate guns.

Where were you when we were filling out witness slips? Glad you're here now and please tell your friends.

Edited by davel501

I think an additional section with regards to magazine capacity is missing. I'm sure it's an arbitrary and capricious number like 5 rounds or something.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, John Q Public said:

You are right, it says:

3) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable 
magazine or that may be readily modified to accept a detachable
magazine, if the firearm has one or more of the following: 

A) a threaded barrel; 

b) a second pistol grip or another feature capable of functioning as a 
protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;

C) a shroud attached to the barrel or that partially or completely 
encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with
the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide
that encloses the barrel; 

D) a flash suppressor;

E) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location 
outside of the pistol grip; or

F) a buffer tube, arm brace, or other part that protrudes horizontally 
behind the pistol grip and is designed or redesigned to allow or

On 10/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, mab22 said:

I think an additional section with regards to magazine capacity is missing. I'm sure it's an arbitrary and capricious number like 5 rounds or something.

Don't guess.  I highly suggest that you know what the law is, regardless of your stance on it.

Here is the law as passed: https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/102/PDF/102-1116.pdf

The magazine restrictions are near the bottom.

On 10/9/2023 at 4:19 PM, Upholder said:

Don't guess.  I highly suggest that you know what the law is, regardless of your stance on it.

Here is the law as passed: https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/102/PDF/102-1116.pdf

The magazine restrictions are near the bottom.

You mean this part?

(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has a fixed magazine
with the capacity to accept more than 15 rounds.

On 10/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, mab22 said:

(720 ILCS 5/24-1.10 new)
Sec. 24-1.10. Manufacture, delivery, sale, and possession
of large capacity ammunition feeding devices.
(a) In this Section:
"Handgun" has the meaning ascribed to it in the Firearm
Concealed Carry Act.
"Long gun" means a rifle or shotgun.
"Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means:
(1) a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar
device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily
restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of
ammunition for long guns and more than 15 rounds of
ammunition for handguns; or
(2) any combination of parts from which a device
described in paragraph (1) can be assembled.
"Large capacity ammunition feeding device" does not
include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and
capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire

2.4mil FOID holders and that’s the compliance they got so far lol. And that’s if they’re not padding anything. Probably a bunch of Democrats that have scary guns that are eager to show who good subjects they are  (no offense to the Democrats that are against this unconstitutional and oppressive law in every way/shape/form)

Edited by steveTA84

VooDoo

Beretta Px4 Storm has both 17rd and 10 round so is it an "assault rifle" or a handgun?