CCL & FOID Renewal

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 5:03 PM, captdan said:

I just now renewed my CCL on line. I am CCL instructor. Simple process that took less than two minutes. Check the box that your ARE a ISP certified CCL Instructor and then asked for my CCT number and proceeded with out any requests for any other documents besides my pic. Payment completed. I Had Not expired. Hope this helps.

On 8/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, soundguy said:

Yep. Did the same thing. Same status. Same prompts. Got kicked back after 60 days.

Be prepared to self certify. With any luck Molly will fix it for us?!

Cheers,

Tim

Personal update...

After "Self Certifying", I received an email from ISP on 10/6 that my Training Certificate had been rejected., requesting that I upload it again. By the time I was able to respond by logging in, I had received another email of Application Status Change stating that no action was required at this time. That is what it said on the portal, as well.

Today (10/8) I logged in again to find that my new CCL was printed on 10/7.

I expect it will arrive in my mailbox later this week.

All in all, it was far more confusing than my first renewal 5 years ago.

Cheers,

Tim

• 6 months later...

I completed the renewal class and successfully submitted my CCL and the FOID renewal option button disappeared but I keep getting emails notifying me that my FOID expires in about 4 weeks.

my portal says I’m 83 days out from CCL.

i know my CCL is supposed to be controlling date but why do I keep getting these irritating emails but I can see a way to renew my FOID anyway. 
is this just more Illinois BS and dysfunction?

F U jelly belly and commie rah ool.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kingcreek Same thing happened to me when I submitted my CCL renewal a month ago. The renewal button for my FOID disappeared. At least the emails and texts stopped coming to me. 

Now Im a bit concerned though. Both my CCL and FOID expire next month. My CCL is showing UNDER REVIEW with 60 days remaining for ISP to get their @(%* together. And technically both my CCL and FOID will be expired before then. 

Im a bit conflicted since Ive read in a few threads on this site that stated I should be OK to carry while waiting for my pending renewal, but what about the FOID???

Am I about to be in some limbo where my FOID is expired and my CCL renewal is pending under review? 

Anyone have any sort of idea whats up with this? I would prefer to stay legal and I cant find anything on the ISP site that tells me what to do about my situation. 

Good to know that they remain valid. Even though it still bothers me that I will possibly be past the expiration date shown online. 

Ill post an update when it finally shows active again. For some reason Im assuming that it wont until the CCL renewal is approved/active. It will be a pleasant surprise if they update the FOID expiration date before they process my CCL renewal. 

Aside from that, can anyone point me in the direction of where to find that exact statute that says theyre valid while renewal is pending? Id like to keep a copy of that with me just in case.

On 4/25/2024 at 3:57 PM, skrapyard said:

@Kingcreek Same thing happened to me when I submitted my CCL renewal a month ago. The renewal button for my FOID disappeared. At least the emails and texts stopped coming to me. 

Now Im a bit concerned though. Both my CCL and FOID expire next month. My CCL is showing UNDER REVIEW with 60 days remaining for ISP to get their @(%* together. And technically both my CCL and FOID will be expired before then. 

Im a bit conflicted since Ive read in a few threads on this site that stated I should be OK to carry while waiting for my pending renewal, but what about the FOID???

Am I about to be in some limbo where my FOID is expired and my CCL renewal is pending under review? 

Anyone have any sort of idea whats up with this? I would prefer to stay legal and I cant find anything on the ISP site that tells me what to do about my situation. 

Mine showed 72 days remaining then on 04/30/2024 (the same day both were supposed to expire) I was magically renewed and active with 2029 renewal, no new card.

I submitted my renewal app 03/01, no prints on file.

Question about the ISP KIOSKS. 

I know there are 5 ISP headquarters throughout the state that are supposed to have employees and computers available to help people apply and renew their  FOID/CCL cards. 

With that, I have had a number of students who have gone to District 5 in Joliet and I've been told that nobody answers the door, nor will anyone answer the phone. 

Has anyone else heard about this issue with any of the other locations. Or did ISP  just stop the program altogether.  

Thanks 

On 5/2/2024 at 3:44 PM, Smallbore said:

My thought,

Do you have finger prints on file due to getting your ccl? If so foid is life time free.

I do have prints on file for my CCL. So that part is covered. 

I also sent an email over to the ISP asking the same question I did here and I did get a response back stating my FOID and CCL are valid while the renewal is pending. Which we all know is the case now. But I still wanted something from ISP in writing stating that as a CYA. 

Now its just a waiting game for both the FOID and CCL renewal to be processed. 

You should get a text, email or letter confirming the renewal. All you can do is wait. Your ISP declaration page tell you your current status. The police computer see the same info. The law is clear you are good to go unless the state has a reason to revoke your foid. That you will quickly know. Have patience.