URGENT! STAND DOWN

abolt243

PHONE CALL FROM TODD, CALL OFF THE DOGS ON THE TWO FOID BILLS 3489 AND 1237. AN AGREEMENT HAS BEEN REACHED. A BILL WILL BE INTRODUCED IN THE SPRING THAT IS GOOD FOR BOTH SIDES.

TODD SAYS TAKE THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON OFF, HAVE A COLD SOMETHING FOR HIM!!

GREAT JOB GUYS!!

This sounds like capitulation. Looks like we are giving up that one inch or more we said we will never let go of.

These bills sought to provide a method of relief for LEO's who had some difficulties. If we can broaden that relief to everyone, without creating a special class, that won't be capitulation. With input from Todd some of the other pitfalls in the wording can be avoided and that will be a win for all FOID card holders.

Relax but be vigilant. This was a test. They will see how those bills can be changed and modify them in such a way as they seem more logical and give them a better shot as passing. They will get a try with their new crew of legislatures next month. Sorry but I've been to the show before and used to these games and tactics.

Thank You to Todd and everyone else that made this happen. If we fought every junk bill in Illinois like this and in greater numbers we could make strides to take our state back.

After all this underhandedness by the ILGA, I wont believe anything until I see it. They admitted to wanting to hurt law abiding gun owners and gutted bills that our reps time and tax dollars went into putting together and pushing for decent purposes. I trust them as far as I can throw the state capitol. I trust in Todd but trusting the ILGA is downright ludicrous.

Archived