Photo

Clayborne Declines to Seek Another Term

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 17,362 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

http://www.senatorclayborne.com/

Clayborne declines to seek another term in Senate

Published: 21 September 2017

BELLEVILLE Senate Majority Leader James F. Clayborne, Jr. (D-Belleville) released the following statement today:

I want to thank my constituents over the years for allowing me to serve them in Springfield. In collaboration with my constituents we have worked together to improve the quality of life in the 57th Senatorial District by increasing education funding, building new schools and improving access to technology in the classroom.

Additionally, we have worked together to provide greater resources through grants to our local police and fire departments to improve public safety. Our hard work has led to an improved transportation system and increased economic opportunities for all.

I have decided that I will not be seeking re-election next year. I am going to focus on my family and my life out of public service. I look forward to this new chapter in my life and would once again like to thank the people of the 57th District for allowing me to be their voice in Springfield.

Clayborne has represented the 57th Legislative District since 1995. The district is located primarily in St. Clair County, while also containing parts of Madison County.

Clayborne has also served as the Senate Majority Leader, the second highest ranking member of the Senate, since 2009.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 RANDY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

All these people not seeking re election next year is going to make for some interesting turn of events.  Must be getting close to a 20% turnover for the next election.  

One persons paranoia is another persons situational awareness.

Fastest way to end violence is to ban Democrats. 

#3 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

More than 2 dozen, about 15% of GA at the time of this article

Fed-up Illinois legislators head for the exit in big numbers

https://www.washingt...m=.c07b5056b265
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#4 Tip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

And with that many newcomers might the writing be on the wall for madigan? Probably not but one can hope.
Never Engage in a Battle of Wits with an unarmed person.

#5 Palm22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

I wonder if they believe that state financial collapse is immemant and don't want want that to happen on their watch.

#6 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:26 PM

They want to avoid the pitchforks and torches.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#7 JTHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

And with that many newcomers might the writing be on the wall for madigan? Probably not but one can hope.

I do too !!  AND, it turns out his adopted daughter, Lisa (the AG) is not going to run either!! :frantics:

I wonder if they believe that state financial collapse is imminent and don't want want that to happen on their watch.

Of course not.  Why should the "rats" that caused this debacle stick around for the disaster they caused? :headbang1:

They want to avoid the pitchforks and torches.

:drool:  :devil: :clap:  I got matches !!

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#8 chibooey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Like rats on a sinking ship....  But the home owners and tax payers are the ones that will suffer the most.

#9 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

If this is a sign of the pending collapse then I'm surprised, I figured we had a few more years.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users