Brass knuckles

TomKoz

IF you have a valid CCL is it illegal to possess / carry brass knuckles?   If so, why?  

You would think valid IL CCL covers any

self defense tool.

Note: always carry legally under IL CCL.

What self defense tool - not regulated by National - are currently (forget PICA - as it IS unconstitutional - precedence that unconstitutional laws need not be followed) - not allowed.

CRIMINAL OFFENSES

(720 ILCS 5/) Criminal Code of 2012.

(720 ILCS 5/Art. 24 heading)

ARTICLE 24. DEADLY WEAPONS

(720 ILCS 5/24-1) (from Ch. 38, par. 24-1)

Sec. 24-1. Unlawful use of weapons.

(a) A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he knowingly:

(1) Sells, manufactures, purchases, possesses or carries any bludgeon, black-jack, slung-shot, sand-club, sand-bag, metal knuckles or other knuckle weapon regardless of its composition, throwing star, or any knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade knife, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or a ballistic knife, which is a device that propels a knifelike blade as a projectile by means of a coil spring, elastic material or compressed gas;  

I added the bold.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:22 PM, lawman said:

As MikeW hints at, swtichblades are legal if you have a CCL.  Been carrying one ever since the day Gov. Rauner signed the bill legalizing them.  (I had one prior, kept in a state where legal to possess.)

I believe they are legal with a FOID, not necessary to have an IL CCL...

On 3/21/2024 at 4:22 PM, lawman said:

As MikeW hints at, swtichblades are legal if you have a CCL.  Been carrying one ever since the day Gov. Rauner signed the bill legalizing them.  (I had one prior, kept in a state where legal to possess.)

And maybe if we drill down there might be other exceptions...
I have not gone looking, yet.

The switch blade law does not nullify local Illinois local ordinances unless I missed a judge ruling differently which would be great.

I believe every woman should have some form if metal knuckles on there person. An existing law making this unlawful is immoral to its core. Far too many female victims show the uuw statute to be extremely cruel.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:05 PM, TomKoz said:

ANY and All objects - no matter what - excluding weapons of mass destruction - should be lawful to “Keep and Bear” at all times.  Period.  End of sentence.

I'd be fine if nuclear weapons were banned for the whole country, even the military. Russia and China can nuke the bajesus out of us to overcome the 2nd amendment then spend the rest of their days dying slowly. Mutually assured destruction doesn't require us to even fire a shot. 

On 3/23/2024 at 12:36 AM, davel501 said:

I'd be fine if nuclear weapons were banned for the whole country, even the military. Russia and China can nuke the bajesus out of us to overcome the 2nd amendment then spend the rest of their days dying slowly. Mutually assured destruction doesn't require us to even fire a shot. 

Japan is doing just fine.