Cubs roof tops

Boilerman19

Im very sorry if this is in the wrong area. 

I have to go to Wrigley for a cubs game and I know chicago gun laws are already ridiculous. So i want to ask. We have a roof top in Wrigley and was wondering what the security is like? Would i be able to bring my gun up there? We will have a bus bringing us there and back so i will have no where to store it except on me. 

Once again this is for the ROOF TOP seats. Not the seats in the park 

Thanks in advance 

I believe it's up to the private owners what's allowed and what's prohibited. After Las Vegas at least some of them wanded/bag-checked, but I don't know what they do recently. I don't believe there are any laws specific to the rooftops. I doubt that any make more than 50% of their revenue on alcohol sales.

On 7/28/2023 at 6:37 PM, Boilerman19 said:

Im very sorry if this is in the wrong area. 

I have to go to Wrigley for a cubs game and I know chicago gun laws are already ridiculous. So i want to ask. We have a roof top in Wrigley and was wondering what the security is like? Would i be able to bring my gun up there? We will have a bus bringing us there and back so i will have no where to store it except on me. 

Once again this is for the ROOF TOP seats. Not the seats in the park 

Thanks in advance 

Possible problem with the bus. 

"(8) Any bus, train, or form of transportation paid
for in whole or in part with public funds, and any building, real property, and parking area under the control of a public transportation facility paid for in whole or in part with public funds." 

They do serve beer and wine, but not hard stuff. I doubt if alcohol sales are greater than 50% of their gross revenue. 

I cannot find any definite information on whether they choose to post. 

Wrigley Rooftops - The Premier Rooftop Destination (wrigleyrooftopsllc.com)

Edited by Quiet Observer

From a lowly layman:

The OP did not specify if he wanted to legally transport his gun accordingly to Illinois UUW statute or conceal carry according to Illinois FCCA. Use of public transportation and/or posted ISP standard ccl prohibited sign rule out legal concealed carry via the FCCA. The Illinois  UUW statute provides a legal means but wanded/bag checks will trump that.

On 7/28/2023 at 10:01 PM, Quiet Observer said:

I cannot find any definite information on whether they choose to post. 

Wrigley Rooftops - The Premier Rooftop Destination (wrigleyrooftopsllc.com)

The answer is in the list of stuff they post online:

What items are prohibited on the Wrigley Rooftops?

Alcohol

Containers (cans, aerosol spray, glass, hard-sided coolers, thermoses or flasks)

Illegal Drugs

Inflatables (such as beach balls)

Laser Pointers

Luggage or car seats

Noise makers

Non-factory sealed plastic bottles (permitted if empty)

Outside food and beverage

Selfie sticks

Umbrellas (specifically large golf umbrellas)

Unmanned aerial vehicles

Video cameras

Weapons of any kind

Any other items deemed inappropriate by Wrigley Rooftops operations personnel

All bags are subject to inspection. Wrigley Rooftops reserves the right to refuse admittance of any item deemed hazardous or suspicious, including any item capable of being used as a projectile. Please contact Wrigley Rooftops Operations at 773-326-2260 with any questions.

Leave your gun at home when visiting this venue or others like it..

Cheers,

Tim

Soundguy posted what the rules are, thank you, as I was wondering as well. 

That said...if OP could provide his experience as far as access,  security,  how closely they were checking things, wands, metal detectors?? Any update once you go would be appreciated.  I am not trying to break any rules, just wondering how much they are enforcing it or even checking for things like this. 

I guess my question is,  is entering more like a bar entrance or an actual game entrance?

On 7/31/2023 at 1:58 PM, Euler said:

"Wrigley Rooftops" is only one company operating rooftop viewing of Wrigley Field. Although it does own (or probably lease) the rights to several rooftops, it doesn't run them all. The specific rooftop could make a difference.

This.  I may have known someone to carry on a roof top of Wrigley previously.

To be armed to defend ones self against an assault is a natural desire. The use of any government or any organization's power to deny any individual their natural right of self defense is immoral and pure evil. They have successfully stolen the power to do so. The OP's guestion is about a legally possessed gun. It has been answered. This does prevent one from understanding and using other statutes for our benefit. Use the federal American Disability Act and HEPA statute. I have bad knees and back. If I was going to one of these roof top viewing areas I would have my hard wood cane. They would be violating the law to stop me or even ask why I have if. The gun is not the only self defense tool. At close range it may not be the best choice. Keep your mind and options open. Enjoy the game with a piece of mind.

On 8/1/2023 at 8:10 AM, Smallbore said:

If I was going to one of these roof top viewing areas I would have my hard wood cane. They would be violating the law to stop me or even ask why I have if. The gun is not the only self defense tool. At close range it may not be the best choice. Keep your mind and options open. Enjoy the game with a piece of mind.

The cane is actually a good idea.  Depending on how intensive and involved the security is that, you might consider upgrading to a "sword cane".  It would show up on a metal detector though, so - - -.

On 8/2/2023 at 8:09 AM, Smallbore said:
On 8/1/2023 at 3:34 PM, JTHunter said:

I do not think a sword cane will past the "legal" test. 

I was thinking the same thing and opened up the LegalBlade app on my phone, searched Chicago, and expect to have my thoughts confirmed.  That app shows sword canes as “green” for legal.  Then I did a quick internet search expecting to find that no one would ship a sword cane to Chicago or Illannoy.  Other states/cities are called out.  Shockingly, I haven’t found it to be banned (yet) clearly in my search.  I’d be interested if anyone can link a clear law banning them.  Some resources seem to say that they are not included in the knife blade length limit in Chicago.

I am no lawyer but a sword concealed (hidden) in anything I would think would be a violation of Illinois UUW. As I understand it a walking stick (no crock as with a cane) just as a baseball bat can be viewed as a bludgeon. I would appreciate someone with authority to give legal advice about this.

I suspect trying to enter the roof tops with a claw hammer in a carpenters tool belt (or fanny pack) would not pass muster. The state leaders want us helpless.