AWB

Longrange454

On 1/10/2023 at 8:55 AM, BeardswithoutOperators said:

I’m trying to not be blackpilled on this because we’ve seen some extremely favorable outcomes for 2a in the past 12 months. My money is on a lower circuit smacking this down, I doubt it will have to reach SCOTUS.

I agree, but they will be back just like New York state has come back with even worse legislation.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:28 PM, cybermgk said:

Depends on the ruling that knocks it down.  They went for just about everything on this.  Leaves little left, f it is completely struck down.

Would also impact the Naperville, Cook County, and Highland Park lawsuits, as well as any existing municipal AWB or magazine ban not currently subject to a lawsuit.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:29 AM, Longrange454 said:

When this thing gets signed by FAT MAN. How long before there a judge puts an Injunction against it?

If the court is doing their job and an emergency motion is filed within miniutes of the law beings signed, if the court is doing their job they would put a temp injunction in place before the ink dries since this is a civil rights issue.

I hope for the best, but this is Illlinois and it might take a little longer than it should.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:56 PM, Flynn said:

If the court is doing their job and an emergency motion is filed within miniutes of the law beings signed, if the court is doing their job they would put a temp injunction in place before the ink dries since this is a civil rights issue.

I hope for the best, but this is Illlinois and it might take a little longer than it should.

Illinois and Judges moving swiftly ROTFLMAO! 

Archived