My license was in my mail today!

That is pretty harsh, considering that I didn't even now this sight existed until I started taking my CC course. I didn't know anything about you or what work you have done. I'm sure that a lot of others were in the dark too about your endeavors. You SHOULD be thrilled that so many people ARE receiving their permits. As far as becoming a supporting member, no problem. I never noticed on the home page anything special about becoming a supporting member. Maybe you should make it more eye catching on your site. I thank you for all the work that you have all done and I will offer my donation immediately.

Absolutely a typo for Lou. Probably using his smart phone while on the beach. He'll be so embarrassed!!

He might be more embarrassed if he accidently posts the selfies that he took while on the beach. At "lease" I think he would. :)

Edited by spec5

Seriously though, I would like to hear more about all the work you guys have done to help us all get our licenses. When did you start? What actions did you take with the government? Do you hold any meetings people can attend? What is your history?

old1free,

If you like to listen to podcasts, episode #25 of "2A Today" has a great interview with Illinois Carry's spokesperson, Valinda Rowe, where she covers a lot of the history and actions that led us to where we are today.

http://s52.podbean.com/pb/168586db8e6b89b8c2faf6a7af9ab957/54e71a7d/data2/blogs32/604585/uploads/2ATodayep25.mp3

Edited by kwc

My license was in the mail today!... 95 days without prints. Thanks kwc. Listened to it. I know that IL has been a very difficult fight. I appreciate everyone who fought the battles. Anyone pushing for open carry? If I can help in any way, let me know. We almost moved to IN, and still may. hehe

Thanks for posting that video. I think it would have been just as good without the added subtitles, but I tried to ignore those anyway. The nice part is that after the video, another video cues up, and then another after that. It's like re-living the last few years all in one evening. It brings back memories. Good times!

Edited by Mr. Fife

I remember when this was going on, and I recall thinking, "Dayum, I have never seen arrogant legislators handed their @sses so thoroughly and completely." I've seen many government hearings over the years as a reporter, and this was by far the most ruthless evisceration of foolish bureaucracy that I know of.