What will the CPD do with all that data from the now defunct gun registration?

Chitownshooterz

It will be used to enforce an upcoming long gun permit/registration ordinance

I just find it hard to believe Chicago would give up control of long guns despite being under no requirement to actually do so. We all know what they do when they actually ARE under requirement to do something (like allow concealed carry in restaurants)

Does anyone know what will become of the data the CPD has from the now defunct gun registration? Might this information be available to state or federal government should either one be lucky enough to pass a registration program in the future?

Who cares, there were only like 10 people that registered anything. Lawdy lawdy lawdy, please dont tell me you actually got the CFP?

they'll archive it in multiple places - hard media such as tape and multiple 'cloud' based storage as well

Knowing their antiquated systems, it's backed up on 8-track. Seriously though, the CPD aren't allowed to go near it. It's tagged, bagged, and dropped into a storage unit. Though copies could show up at the apartment of an Alderman with ties to gang members...

Does anyone know what will become of the data the CPD has from the now defunct gun registration? Might this information be available to state or federal government should either one be lucky enough to pass a registration program in the future?

Who cares, there were only like 10 people that registered anything. Lawdy lawdy lawdy, please dont tell me you actually got the CFP?

You'd be surprised how many law-abiding citizens actually do obey the law

]

If my wife and I wanted to stay gainfully employed with the city...I didn't have much of a choice. As much as I value my 2nd Amendment rights, I realize the importance of my freedom and a steady paycheck.

They'll suspend us for parking tickets and water bills. Can only imagine what this gun-hating cess pool would do to me for violating a gun ordinance.

I suspect they will keep it on record to be used against you when and if the time comes... Even if that is to simply toss up a red flag from dispatch for an officer pulling over a vehicle of a person that might at some time owned a firearm...

There's no way this city has the sense or practical capability to make that available to dispatchers. They never did even when there WAS gun registration, and they can't keep the system running reliably enough without adding that load to the system.

they'll archive it in multiple places - hard media such as tape and multiple 'cloud' based storage as well

Knowing their antiquated systems, it's backed up on 8-track. Seriously though, the CPD aren't allowed to go near it. It's tagged, bagged, and dropped into a storage unit. Though copies could show up at the apartment of an Alderman with ties to gang members...

if they are anything like IDOT its backed up on microfiche

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Archived