Ammo Shortage and Alert Thread

tom28

I just came back from Bass Pro in Bolingbrook. They had Win .223 45 gr HP for 29.99/40 rds plus plenty of some generic brand I never heard of 55 gr for $9.99/20 rd.

They also had 100 pack Win. .40 165 grain for $36.99

Oddly enough they had about 6 or 7 . Bushmaster 30 rd mags but they we like $30 each.

I was at Cabela's in Hammond this afternoon (Thursday). They had about a hundred 50 round boxes of 9mm Herter's select grade aluminum case 115 gr Total Nylon Jacket for less than $14/box, limit 10 boxes to a customer. They also had about 50 boxes of the same ammo in .45 at about $16 per box.

They were pretty well stocked in .38, .40, and .45. No .223, nothing for AKs.

Went to Gander Mtn tonight, they had 2 boxes of Hornady 9mm Critical Duty and a few boxes of Federal 124gr Hydra Shoks.

They didn't have any other 9mm ammo.

The one in Kenosha? I called them Tuesday and they said their truck arrived Wednesday. I guess it didn't have much on it :-/

EDIT:DERP... Didn't look at the date of that posting. Sorry for the fail lol

• 1 month later...

Today I spoke to a lady who works Sporting Goods at Blain's Farm & Fleet.

She says they are still getting ammo in, deliveries are made in the morning Mon - Fri, but the .223 and 9mm sells out within 2 hours after they open.

However it sounds like if you went there every morning for 5 days, Mon - Fri when they first open, eventually you'd be able to pick up 9mm and .223 ammo.

Anyone seen any 300 AAC/Blackout ammo anywhere online or in store anywhere?? I saw some way high priced premium stuff weeks ago and even that got sold out. I wouldn't buy that either way, but if anyone has seen or knows where to find decent priced AAC Blackout ammo the info would be appreciated!

Sadly I think you best bet is to monitor Gunbroker and Armslist and pay a premium if you need it... The online sites that sell the more exotic ammo sell it out in minutes, been trying to secure some .458 SOCOM for about a month now, few and far between...

BTW if you really want the popular caliber ammo it's out there, you just need to devote yourself to finding it... The casual glance here and there is not going to cut it, you are going to have to devote some time or be real lucky...

I turned down 9mm, 5.56, .45acp, .357 this week simply because it wasn't a 'great' deal or I had enough... But, I did manage to get over 500 rounds of 5.56 this week for 40 cents a round, some .40 S&W for 36 cents a round and 22LR for about 4 cents a round...

Just told my wife I will give her an ammo list to keep with her and whenver she goes to Wally World to check out the ammo section and if she sees anything on the list BUY IT. I explained they get odd shipments in so you never know when or what so just check whenever you are there. She seemed pretty amenable to the plan. I've got about 3K 22LR and have plans to shoot some this Spring but I am already rationing how much I'll shoot. Taking a friend and nephew shooting. I've got a new (never been fired) AR15 with 22LR upper and hologram sight. Got the 30 round mags but won'tbe blowing through those like I might have with no shortage.

Just left the Walmart in Elgin on Randall road.

They were filling the shelf with 9mm.

WWB in 100 round value packs and Federal 50 rounds.

There was also some Tula 7.62 available.

Just stopped at a second Walmart. They too received WWB 100 round packs and Federal 50.

Looks like the Chicago area got shipments this week.

600 rounds of 9mm so far today. Feeling good.

I was just there on Monday, and they were empty! This Walmart hasn't had any 9mm ammo in weeks!

I was there yesterday still no 9mm

I was just there on Monday, and they were empty! This Walmart hasn't had any 9mm ammo in weeks!

I was there yesterday still no 9mm

They get it and it's gone in an hour or two. It doesn't last beyond 8am, you need to check ealry.

They get it and it's gone in an hour or two. It doesn't last beyond 8am, you need to check ealry.

Worse than that many times, the other day I was at a Walmart as the truck was being unloaded, 8 people in line already standing in front of the ammo display... All the 9mm that came in (a few cases of WWB 100 count) was gone in one swoop before it was even loaded into the case...

I don't even go looking anymore, it just isn't worth the gas and time.

I normally don't look either. The range has PMC for $18.99 a box so I consider it a convenience fee. In this case, I worked from home yesterday and felt like stretching my legs so I took a ride to Cabela's. I figured I couldn't pass it up.

I don't even go looking anymore, it just isn't worth the gas and time.

I normally don't look either. The range has PMC for $18.99 a box so I consider it a convenience fee. In this case, I worked from home yesterday and felt like stretching my legs so I took a ride to Cabela's. I figured I couldn't pass it up.

which Cabela's ? did they have anything ?

I was having a difficult time finding anything around here, or on the internet. But I found this site, seems legit as I ordered and it's being shipped. http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/45acp/

It updates who has what in stock in "real" time and how much/how much per round for most calibers, and reloading supplies.

Hope it's ok to post a link

Archived