Illinois General Assembly 5/21/2019

mauserme

Lol that's some silver lining kind of thought.

Well, another bill that WILL be challenged in the courts, and likely a step closer to eradicating the FOID system.

Thats why Im not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. Theres is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. Ill happily contribute to the plaintiff fund.

In the meantime, if someone could compile a short video of all of the stuff Willis had to say (or not say via ignoring it) that makes it show she doesnt care about the constitution or about underprivileged people, that could be used against her

Well, another bill that WILL be challenged in the courts, and likely a step closer to eradicating the FOID system.

That’s why I’m not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. There’s is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. I’ll happily contribute to the plaintiff fund

And we can call it "the indigent fund", just like Willis.

Thats why Im not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. Theres is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. Ill happily contribute to the plaintiff fund
And we can call it "the indigent fund", just like Willis.

LOL. Love it

Way I see it as why not everyone toss $25 towards it. If it becomes law, well be paying more than that anyways when renewal comes, so lets get ready to fight it now

That’s why I’m not up in arms yet. Lots of less financially secure people can file suit with help of the bigger orgs and get this tossed. There’s is a solid case and it can be fought. Prepare the lawyers. I’ll happily contribute to the plaintiff fund

That is exactly right. We will not gain ground anywhere in this state by the legislative process, even though I freely give credit where credit is due to those who, like the members of this site, fight the good fight.

We need to take a page from our LGBTQ friends and sue, sue, sue. After all, we would not have any form of carry if not for the courts.

There is nothing guaranteed about any court case. Just look at Peruta in California. I seem to remember vows that the FFL Dealer Licensing law would be challenged in court and I have not seen any case regarding that yet. The real challenge is first funding all of these cases that everyone wants to bring and, second, actually winning them. Much better to stop them at the legislative level but gun owners have to actually vote their interests in the next election rather than just voting for a party or failing to vote.

There is nothing guaranteed about any court case. Just look at Peruta in California. I seem to remember vows that the FFL Dealer Licensing law would be challenged in court and I have not seen any case regarding that yet. The real challenge is first funding all of these cases that everyone wants to bring and, second, actually winning them. Much better to stop them at the legislative level but gun owners have to actually vote their interests in the next election rather than just voting for a party or failing to vote.

This is true, there is nothing guaranteed. But I like having a fighting chance, which is something we will simply not get in this rigged legislative system.

ISP representative is avoiding direct answers about FOID act. He is BASICALLY also saying they support the bill because they will get more funds, and are currently unable to do what they are already tasked with under FOID.

Glad to see the ISP showing their true colors, infringing on rights is ok as long as they get more money. Nice job dodging questions too.

in my humble opinion relying on the courts is a defeatist attitude. We must fight every step of the way and try to prevent it from even getting that far.

There's no guarantee we win any of the steps, including in the courts.

Willis says Todd wasn't invited before, because they have butted heads before. Basically she is saying in PC way, he wasn't because he wouldn't agree with her ideas.

Hard to believe sheep actually keep electing a wanna be tyrant that feels tax paying citizens should be excluded for having a different opinion.

AND, as usual, Willis seems 100% unwilling to bend on her bill, at all.

I respect that about her. If only we took the same approach.

0". No Compromises.

No kidding. Some of us do.....

Knock it off you guys !!! Bending over and giving something up for the false promise of them not takin even more is the "high road". anything else may cause those that hate us to not like us as much.

Archived