Photo

CCL Revoked Because FOID Expired

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 WitchDoctor

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:40 PM

Unfortunately both my representatives are anti-gun and would just see this as a victory, one more gun off the "streets". And they get to say I'm not a "responsible" gun owner because I made a paperwork mistake.

Truly some B.S. just like Illinois!

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

Violence and force is what criminals understand!

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#32 wolfcreek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

When you live with this FOID thing hanging over your head for 7 0r 8 years,and have this sort of fear inside you of the reality of whats going on.Then you leave and go to another state.A free state with reasonable laws and honest people.You look back and see how pathetic and outrageous Illinois has become.Your whole perspective changes.Illinois was forced into this CC thing & there are making you pay for messing with their laws.I suppose the federal government could do something.If the liberals win in 2020.That will be off the table.You read these posts and wonder just what country your living in.I still believe anyone with a mental health issue of any kind is doomed,but the checks will be cashed.

#33 Ranger

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

My CCL was finally renewed on 07/25 so I applied for FOID renewal on 07/29.  The expiration date of my FOID is 10/01.  As of today, it is still under review (and expired?).

I printed a copy of the FOID payment receipt.  Does anyone know if that receipt will serve same as a card (like CCL receipt) while waiting on receipt / final approval of actual thing?

Edited by Ranger, 02 October 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#34 Ranger

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

My FOID went active yesterday.

#35 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Members
  • 4,283 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

My FOID went active yesterday.

See it all works out
You were worried on the 2nd
And on the 4th you’re all happy

#36 GenevaCCL

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:57 AM

Just checking in, still nothing. I'll be reaching my 1 year anniversary before I know it, and I have absolutely no idea what to do.

#37 lastline

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

Finally got it back! Feels good to Once again provide an extra layer of protection for my family. Very grateful for the people who helped along the way. For those of you losing hope, it looks like you should get it back, even if it does take 14+ months.

Still staying in contact with my state rep to try to help the overall situation in IL.

#38 GenevaCCL

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:42 AM

Just checking in, still nothing. I'll be reaching my 1 year anniversary before I know it, and I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Happy 1 year anniversary of my CCL revocation appeal! Here's to another year!

#39 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 17,120 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:01 AM

Did you submit one of these forms?

Attached File  CCL Review Form (expired FOID).pdf   290.85KB   6 downloads

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#40 GenevaCCL

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:56 PM

Did you submit one of these forms?

attachicon.gifCCL Review Form (expired FOID).pdf

So, a few days after that, it went "Active"!!!

But, I'm not sure if I was supposed to get it in the mail or not. I haven't received it or any sort of notification.

Am I supposed to recover it from the police department I surrendered it to? Or are the state police just really slow to mail it?

#41 Molly B.

• 17,120 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:58 PM

You should receive it in the mail.  If you do not receive it within 30 days from the date it went active, let me know.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#42 GenevaCCL

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:59 AM

You should receive it in the mail.  If you do not receive it within 30 days from the date it went active, let me know.

So it's been more than 30 days for sure now, but I'm going to guess "coronavirus" has just put me into a whole new category of waiting.

#43 marvin80

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:49 PM

Hello Everyone, 

So I ran into a similar issue, once my FOID expired (12/2018) my current CCL got revoked. I re-applied for my FOID card, once it got active (3/21/19) I request appeal (I wish, I knew about this form earlier). So far it's been over 15 month and still nothing. Did try calling ISP a few times and left messages but never got a called back or letter. When I check my status, it still show up as "Appeal Under Review".

Decided to search online and found this forum/topic. So I filled out the form and efax it. Figured that will be quicker then sending it via USPS. 

So hopefully finger cross, I get a response back from them.  

#44 Molly B.

• 17,120 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

Hello Everyone, 

So I ran into a similar issue, once my FOID expired (12/2018) my current CCL got revoked. I re-applied for my FOID card, once it got active (3/21/19) I request appeal (I wish, I knew about this form earlier). So far it's been over 15 month and still nothing. Did try calling ISP a few times and left messages but never got a called back or letter. When I check my status, it still show up as "Appeal Under Review".

Decided to search online and found this forum/topic. So I filled out the form and efax it. Figured that will be quicker then sending it via USPS. 

If you don't hear anything in 90 days, let us know.

#45 lilguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

Is your carry license safe as long as you have applied for a FOID renewal before its expiration date? 

#46 THE KING

• Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

Is your carry license safe as long as you have applied for a FOID renewal before its expiration date?

Yes

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#47 marvin80

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:01 PM

Hello Everyone, 

If you don't hear anything in 90 days, let us know.

So good news, in less then a month. I finally got my CCL in the mail yesterday. It took 15 month, but I’m glad I finally got it. Luckily I was able to find this post and fax out that sheet.

Thanks for help and this forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Maelbolgia@24