Magazines - Chicago and Cook County

DWRSO

Can someone please clarify the legality of magazine capacity in Chicago and Cook county? Specifically, is a licensed conceal carry person restricted with regards to magazine capacity when carrying in Chicago and Cook county?

Final question: Do the Cook County magazine restrictions apply to all of Cook county or are their exceptions based on individual city restrictions (home rule cities as an example)? 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, DWRSO said:

So, if I understand; the Chicago/Cook county magazine restrictions do not apply to licensed concealed carry persons. Correct??

That is my understanding.

If they did apply to us, the Cook County limit of 10 rounds does not apply to Chicago, which claims a limit of 15 rounds. Many retailers will not ship magazines above 10 rounds to Chicago or Cook. Some will not ship to Illinois. There is a false but longstanding bias against Chicago... including by some Illinois gun owners.

I can tell you for a fact that Palmetto State Armory will not ship magazines over 10 rounds to anywhere in Cook county. They stole the mag out of my pistol because it was a 15 round magazine. Their customer service linked me to a section on their website that said they were going to steal my magazine as though that somehow made it ok and then when I asked to escalate the matter they stopped responding to my emails. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:45 AM, soundguy said:

If they did apply to us, the Cook County limit of 10 rounds does not apply to Chicago, which claims a limit of 15 rounds. Many retailers will not ship magazines above 10 rounds to Chicago or Cook. Some will not ship to Illinois. There is a false but longstanding bias against Chicago... including by some Illinois gun owners.

That'd Describe us.

We do our best to avoid crooked county and to boycott crooked county businesses. 

On 8/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, jrsavoie said:

That'd Describe us.

We do our best to avoid crooked county and to boycott crooked county businesses. 

Tell me what county you live in and I can make up a stupid derogatory name for it and maybe look into the corruption in your neck of the woods... or that red neck of the woods?

We do ourselves no favors by being disrespectful of others.

Chicago is a most wonderful place to live.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:07 PM, soundguy said:

Tell me what county you live in and I can make up a stupid derogatory name for it and maybe look into the corruption in your neck of the woods... or that red neck of the woods?

We do ourselves no favors by being disrespectful of others.

Chicago is a most wonderful place to live.

Giving money to antigunners directly or by way of taxes is funding the enemy. I do my best to avoid that.

I also boycotted a local bar run by a democrat. If I wanted to give money to gun grabbers, I'd skip the middle man and give direct. 

It's like patronizing a business with a no gun sign on the window. 

On 8/22/2022 at 4:07 PM, soundguy said:

Lol. Iroquois.

Do you wanna buy 20 acres?

The corruption down here definitely needs attention.

I heard the state police are giving it some. 

I'm glad there are people that like the cities and towns. Country living is crowded and overpopulated enough as it is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 8:38 AM, solareclipse2 said:

I can tell you for a fact that Palmetto State Armory will not ship magazines over 10 rounds to anywhere in Cook county. They stole the mag out of my pistol because it was a 15 round magazine. Their customer service linked me to a section on their website that said they were going to steal my magazine as though that somehow made it ok and then when I asked to escalate the matter they stopped responding to my emails. 

PSA wouldn't even ship non-gun AR-15 parts to me in Cook.

Sent them to a family member in Wisconsin but ironically they were cool with my Cook billing address.

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2022 at 3:45 AM, soundguy said:

Get rid of the communist Democrats and that might go away. Not to mention the communist RINOs 

On 9/12/2022 at 10:03 AM, alco0203 said:

PSA wouldn't even ship non-gun AR-15 parts to me in Cook.

Sent them to a family member in Wisconsin but ironically they were cool with my Cook billing address.

Why would you continue to do business with PSA?

On 10/30/2022 at 6:48 PM, StuckInIllinois said:

Why would you continue to do business with PSA?

Them swiping the mag out of my pistol was the pretty much the last straw for me but they do have low prices and some deals that might be hard to pass up so I can kind of see why someone would do business with them.

Sig Sauer would not ship 17 round P365 X Macro magazines to me either. I had to have those shipped somewhere outside of Cook county. 

Archived