Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

I recived a call from a walmart manager at the Champaign store last night that recieved my complaint even though i sent it to corporate( had to pick a store ) and she was very cordial.I explained my concern that they had used the official sign and that would make them a prohibited place even though that was not their intent,I had sent them the quote from the ISP website FAQ saying they shouldnt post the sign etc. After several minutes of exlpaining my position she agreed to send my complaint to legal at corporate level. It's good to know they are at least aware of it and our words aren't falling on deaf ears as is the norm with most large companies.

sorry to derail the coffee thread........and now back to your regular programing...

Sorry I'm a bit late, but been very busy this morning.

Since Cummins seems to have forgotten how to manufacture a decent oil pump, I have a truck with 9000 miles on it that is getting a new engine.

I spent 3/4 of my working life making the yellow ones. We screwed a few up too....

I've overhauled more 3406 b, c, and e's, c-10's and c-12's than I care to remember. Haven't done any work on Cat's in the last 5 or 6 years. Because we're a dealership, the older the trucks get the less we see them mostly due to our labor rate.

The schmoe down the street with all the illegals working for $15/hr gets all of that work. We can't compete with a $60/hr labor rate. But you get what you pay for. They throw parts at a truck for a week before they bring it here and we fix it in a couple hours.

2 hours at $124/hr is much less than 15 hours at their labor rate, not to mention the non-retunable parts they have to pay for.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I went into the grocery entrance tonight (I usually go in the other side as it is closer to the ammo), anyway.....they posted the sign on a sliding door. When it is open the top part with the text is obscured by their hours. Talk about a hot mess.

Same happened to me ,but when the door was open,as it was before I walked up, the whole sign was obscured.Only noticed it when I walked out the other entrance ,saw a sign,then went back to check the side I walked in.

I just had a conversation with 3 managers at the Vernon Hills Sams Club where the same signs have appeared on their doors. He states this has been mandated by the regional office. However, he had no idea that it would effect all people. He only thought it affected employees and vendors. I explained the issue to him. But he states he doesn't have the authority to change or take down the signs; it must be from corporate.

East Peorai Wal-Mart at 401 River Rd Posted. Same as above. Talked with the Store Manager and he would contact corporate but a advised it would mean more if it came from individual customers flooding Wal-mart with the complaint. He understood the problem with the sign and wording on the sign being contradictory, but........... I did email corporate and we will see?

Just received this messasge:

12:55 p.m. just received a follow up call from the Wal-Mart Regional Area Manager, all “no carry” signs are being removed from Illinois Wal-Mart stores as to be in agreement with the ISP policy of on the FAQ page

Great.

Just received this messasge:

12:55 p.m. just received a follow up call from the Wal-Mart Regional Area Manager, all “no carry” signs are being removed from Illinois Wal-Mart stores as to be in agreement with the ISP policy of on the FAQ page

Yes - I talked to Maggie today - she said that the regional folks are ordering removal of the signage.

The folks at Walmart contacted the ISP months ago to get guidance on the signage, based on Walmart not wanting on-duty associates to carry in the store, but wanted customers to be able to do so.

They did not get good response, and thus the signs that were placed at the order of the corporate office.

You should not see the signs anymore - I have not personally seen the communication back to Maggie, but we discussed it at lunch and she said that the Peoria Sam's has been instructed to remove the signs, and the same should be true state wide as far as we know.

best

mqqn

East Peorai Wal-Mart at 401 River Rd Posted. Same as above. Talked with the Store Manager and he would contact corporate but a advised it would mean more if it came from individual customers flooding Wal-mart with the complaint. He understood the problem with the sign and wording on the sign being contradictory, but........... I did email corporate and we will see?

All you have to do is keep your pants on - the signs will be removed, but be aware that Walmart is larger than the state of Illinois, might take them more than a few minutes to get this rolled out.

I am surprised at the speed with which they have acted on this, commendably even.

best

mqqn

All you have to do is keep your pants on - the signs will be removed, but be aware that Walmart is larger than the state of Illinois, might take them more than a few minutes to get this rolled out.

I am surprised at the speed with which they have acted on this, commendably even.

best

mqqn

Maybe you shouldn't have quoted me. I will forgive that oversight. I was writing my post when Molly B posted. I hadn't seen Molly Bs post until mine was posted. Jeez. I checked my pants are on but backwards now.

Archived