Another "No Weapons Allowed" sign

DoktorPaimon

The idea of civilians being armed is so new and so controversial amongst the general public that we are going to have to expect some rough spots ahead.

It has never been a part of our state culture and lots of people simply have no concept of the idea.

They have a similar sign at the Skokie Old Orchard Theatre which is owned by Regal. AMC is "gun-free" across the entire chain. It is a corporate policy, like BWW's policy.

The sign at Village Crossing is new, though. I've been going there for at least half a dozen years and I've never seen a sign. Heck, I was there two weeks ago and that sign wasn't there. Businesses are preparing.

They have a similar sign at the Skokie Old Orchard Theatre which is owned by Regal. AMC is "gun-free" across the entire chain. It is a corporate policy, like BWW's policy.

The sign at Village Crossing is new, though. I've been going there for at least half a dozen years and I've never seen a sign. Heck, I was there two weeks ago and that sign wasn't there. Businesses are preparing.

and that is their right. BUT it is our right to not do business there until they change their policy.

We need a sticky thread somewhere of biz that are not gun friendly....

there is an iPhone app called Posted! Great app and nationwide database.

The DB is already starting up for Illinois (just for business like AMC that jumped the gun). Once CCW finally passes, there will be a lot of entries. But the hope is that folks can talk common sense into many of the store owners / managers, and get the number of entries down over time. (That's why there's a "Call" and "Email" feature on the app, to make it easy to let them know... :devil: )

DoktorPaimon, I have added this new location to "Posted!" as well.

AMC is very anti-gun. Their policy is to post. Which is why I like Redbox or similar. No anti-gun signs in my home. :)

I took my kids to Six Flags this weekend. I have a little Gerber 200 on my keychain, and security told me I could dispose of the knife or put it in my vehicle and get back in line. Well Gerber doesn't make the little 200 anymore, and it's a fantastic little knife that I really love, so me and my kids walked all the way back to the car, stowed the knife and got back in line for an hour to get in the park.

When I got in the park I saw a guy with a 5" oak staff that he was pretending to use as a cane... - oy...

post-3474-0-74848000-1369076836_thumb.jpg

post-3474-0-97676700-1369077358_thumb.jpg

and that is their right. BUT it is our right to not do business there until they change their policy.

+1! That's all we can do, not support these business and write strongly worded, yet respectful, letters.

I took my kids to Six Flags this weekend. I have a little Gerber 200 on my keychain, and security told me I could dispose of the knife or put it in my vehicle and get back in line. Well Gerber doesn't make the little 200 anymore, and it's a fantastic little knife that I really love, so me and my kids walked all the way back to the car, stowed the knife and got back in line for an hour to get in the park.

When I got in the park I saw a guy with a 5" oak staff that he was pretending to use as a cane... - oy...

post-3474-0-74848000-1369076836_thumb.jpg

post-3474-0-97676700-1369077358_thumb.jpg

How'd they see your knife?

I was in line at Nick Gyros in Niles at Harlem and Touhy, who knows maybe it's still Chicago. Anyways there was a Chicago cop, I had my s&W pocke tknife in my pocket, with clip. A cop can easily tell immediately it's a pocket knife clipped to my pocket, because they are trained. I noticed out of the corner of my eye he was staring at it long and hard as he walked up and past me to get his food. He didn't say anything, not sure if because he was eating lunch or because he figured a middle aged (35years old) guy well dressed (clean jeans with polo shirt tucked in) is probably not out slashing innocent people.

• 5 months later...

At today's town hall in Oak Park, one of the attendees mentioned a no carry sign at Red Lobster at 55th and Pulaski.

If anyone can confirm this, we should get it added to the database.

Todd said it was odd because their policy is usually a corporate policy.

Anyone pass by that area?

Actually, you should report that Red Lobster management to Darden. Their corporate policy is to follow the laws of the state and not ban unless there is a blanket ban.

I haven't seen it, so I have nothing to report to anyone.

The sign is not to spec..... therefore... it is not a prohibited area....

I was wondering about that... "No Gun" signs do have the force of the law, however, there is a specific sign that must be used...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Big bowl - Lincolnshire

The signs are WAY down on the bottom of the revolving door panels. It's clear that Big Bowl is a GFZ, yet they don't want the signs to be noticed by the average Joe. My wife didn't even see it, and she's usually very observant about such things. The signs look very tiny when they are down by your feet and way outside of your normal line of sight. Are we supposed to scan every square inch of glass on every building entrance? I guess the answer is yes, but it seems like the business owners have some responsibility to post prominently instead of playing hide and go seek with CCW permit holders.

Archived