This is scary, turn your televisions on (ETA, Bin Laden Dead.)

Bud

Well, at any rate, God Bless our troops. They have sweat and bled for 10 years trying to bring this about. They are the ones that deserve every bit of the credit....

This.

I decided, I authorized. Yep, full political spin on it. My question, what revenge will Al Queda seek on us now.

Yep, HE is taking all the credit even while the media is reporting that the team that got OBL has been hunting him since 2002. The also said that the U.S gave OBL a speedy burial at sea to please the Muslims (it's a tradition).?

Sorry, my tinfoil is too tight. If Bin Laden is dead, that's a good thing. Now, let's see what kind of retribution the Taliban seeks. Another thing, maybe nit-picky. Up until the press release last night, Bin Laden has always been Osama Bin Laden. Now, every media is talking about Usama Bin Laden. My mistake?? Buried at sea because of Muslim tradition?? What do we card about his traditions?? He's a mortal enemy and he's dead!! Buried at sea?? Why?? As suggested by one commenter on the radio this morning, OK to "honor" the tradition, bury him in the ground, bow to Mecca twice and dig the SOB (oh sorry, that's UBL or OBL, take your pick) up and haul him to GITMO for continuing DNA tests and confirmation. But now he's fish food and nobody can prove anything.

Kudos to our armed forces, kudos to the SEALS or DELTA or whoever took him out. But it's all too convenient for me to be real excited about all of it.

This thing has more spin than a 90 yard wedge shot by Tiger.

Sorry, in a Monday morning frump!!

AB

Well, at any rate, God Bless our troops. They have sweat and bled for 10 years trying to bring this about. They are the ones that deserve every bit of the credit....

This.

I decided, I authorized. Yep, full political spin on it. My question, what revenge will Al Queda seek on us now.

Yep, HE is taking all the credit even while the media is reporting that the team that got OBL has been hunting him since 2002. The also said that the U.S gave OBL a speedy burial at sea to please the Muslims (it's a tradition).?

Sorry, my tinfoil is too tight. If Bin Laden is dead, that's a good thing. Now, let's see what kind of retribution the Taliban seeks. Another thing, maybe nit-picky. Up until the press release last night, Bin Laden has always been Osama Bin Laden. Now, every media is talking about Usama Bin Laden. My mistake?? Buried at sea because of Muslim tradition?? What do we card about his traditions?? He's a mortal enemy and he's dead!! Buried at sea?? Why?? As suggested by one commenter on the radio this morning, OK to "honor" the tradition, bury him in the ground, bow to Mecca twice and dig the SOB (oh sorry, that's UBL or OBL, take your pick) up and haul him to GITMO for continuing DNA tests and confirmation. But now he's fish food and nobody can prove anything.

Kudos to our armed forces, kudos to the SEALS or DELTA or whoever took him out. But it's all too convenient for me to be real excited about all of it.

AB

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking. The most wanted man in the world, killed, then dumped into the ocean only hours afterward? To "honor" his belief system? Maybe my hat's on a little tight too...

I would like to see the dna and facial recognition preferably with the bullet hole being shown but after listening to John Bolton and others this morning I feel confident that this is legit.

I have to agree, having a president from the South-side with a not so good reputation for telling th truth who is up for re-election, good hard confirmation facts would be appropiate and coming from a non-democrat would be appreciated....IMO.

Kudos and salutes to those who took him out. I hope they at least weighed his body down with pig's fat if they did dump him into the sea. :laugh:

THIS is the guy that should be the hero right now! The team that got OBL was set up by Bush 4 years ago (When Obama was still an anti-war senator voting against funding the troops and these types of operations). The only thing Oblamey did was give the order to take him out.

According to one of the media reports, Obama knew that OBL was in the compound since march link and instead of getting him then they waited until the day before congress comes back from recess. The media has been reporting that Obama was going to get pounded non-stop on the high gas prices and debt ceiling when the Republicans came back to Washington. link

http://dfw.cbslocal....-laden-killing/

Bush Home Buzzing After Bin Laden Killing

May 2, 2011 6:20 AM

DALLAS (AP) – Flag-waving supporters left flowers and patriotic red, white and blue balloons outside the Dallas home of former President George W. Bush Monday in the hours that followed the U.S.-led mission that killed Osama bin Laden.

"Thank you President Bush," said a sign left on the gate outside the street leading to the secluded Bush residence.

About a dozen people gathered near his security-tight residence until early Monday when a thunderstorm rolled into the area.

"George Bush did so many great things for our country. We really wanted to be with him to celebrate this momentous day in American history," said Billy Fox, a college student.

"We love America," said Fox, who held a U.S. flag. "This hangs in my dorm room every day, it's my roommate's, and I said we had to bring it out to celebrate America."

Bush, who was home when he learned of bin Laden's death late Sunday, released a statement congratulating President Barack Obama and praising the U.S. military personnel involved in the operation in northern Pakistan. Bush was in power when terrorists commandeered four commercial jets, crashing them in New York City, Washington D.C. and in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 people.

"This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2011," said Bush, in a statement Sunday night, after Obama called to inform the nation's 43rd president of the terrorist leader's death. "The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

Bush spokesman David Sherzer said Monday that the ex-president does not plan any additional statement.

The goal of getting bin Laden has been achieved, said U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

"That mission has now been accomplished through the patience and steadfast determination of our military, our intelligence officials, and the united leadership of Presidents Bush and Obama," she said. "Now we must continue to dismantle this and other terrorist networks that attempt to destroy freedom and human rights throughout the world."

U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said justice has finally been served.

"Let this serve as a grave reminder to all those who wish to do our nation harm: If you murder Americans, you will be hunted, you will be found and you will be brought to justice," Cornyn said in a statement. "I commend the military and intelligence professionals whose tremendous efforts ended the reign of this terrorist mastermind."

Texas Attorney General Gregg Abbott says American justice will forever prevail.

"The face of evil has been eradicated thanks to American forces' dogged pursuit of justice," said Abbott.

just a thought, but this raid was done a week ago.

I have seen reports of more suicide bombs in Afganistan, with members of their military turning on people and shooting up people of new bombings. I just wonder if they knew -- the tangos, that his place had been hit and he was gone and started their operations. And were waiting to see when the west would announce what had happened.

Bin Laden has always been Osama Bin Laden. Now, every media is talking about Usama Bin Laden. My mistake?? Buried at sea because of Muslim tradition??

They did the same thing to omar, momar, umar quadoffi kadaffi qadoffi gadhafi...

Its probably to mask data making searches only show with current news. That way people cannot correlate obama sending aid with sending a man hunt, or in the case of usama, they dont want bush's name showing. </shrug> that's my foil laden theory.

Thinking back - I like the idea of feeding the POS to pigs. I suppose they could also string him up like mussolini - that seems to work with coyotes.

Regardless, its good to have him dead. Although, unlike the media, I dont feel there's been any justice served. We're still missing a whole sh!tload of our 4th amendment, and 3 -4 wars continue one in the region.

Not to be a party pooper, but I dont think we've seen the end of this.

This.

AB

You can chum fish with crap? Huh, ya learn something everyday!laugh.pngtongue.png fan.gif sick.png

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-02/u-s-forces-were-unsure-bin-laden-in-house-until-meeting-him-face-to-face.html

U.S. Forces Unsure Bin Laden in Compound Until Face to Face

By Gregory Viscusi and Anwar Shakir - May 2, 2011 8:03 AM CT

The U.S. forces who killed Osama bin Laden didn't know for sure he was in a fortified villa near Islamabad until they swooped in and came face to face with the world's most wanted terrorist.

While U.S. intelligence officers had concluded there was a "strong probability" bin Laden was living in the compound near the Pakistani capital Islamabad, all they could be positive about was that it was a high-value individual, unidentified officials said at a White House briefing. The military's target was a specially built property in the city full of retired military 35 miles northeast of Islamabad.

The U.S. team was on site for just 40 minutes, and bin Laden was killed resisting the assault, an official said. Three other men, one of whom may have been one of bin Laden's sons, were killed in the raid along with a woman used as a human shield. Two women were injured. No other civilians or U.S. personnel were injured, said the officials, who spoke on condition they wouldn't be identified.

"We heard a loud explosion and then the sound of guns firing," said Iqbal Alam Khan, 37, who works as a merchant in the town of Abbottabad where the assault took place. "It came from Bilal Town," a property development of newly built villas and mansions about two miles from the center of Abbottabad, he said in a phone interview.

"We didn't know the cause of the fighting and we didn't go outside to see because it was the middle of the night," Khan said.

Airlift

One helicopter was destroyed by U.S. forces after a mechanical failure. U.S. officials wouldn't say how many men were involved in the operation, describing it as a surgical strike by a small team. Bin Laden's body was later buried at sea, another official said.

Pakistan's ARY News television broadcast footage of U.S. helicopters firing on the building's rooftop, and also showed images inside the house of blood stained carpets and mattresses in a bedroom.

U.S. intelligence picked up the trail that led to the house after tracking an al-Qaeda courier, officials said. Intelligence officers learned of the courier soon after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, identified him four years ago, and found he was living in the compound last August.

The Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency were all involved in monitoring the compound.

Raid Plan

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the planning of the raid, said the Abbottabad compound was valued at about $1 million and was built roughly 5 years ago for the purpose of harboring bin Laden. At the time it was built, the building was isolated at the end of a narrow dirt road, but over the years other residences have been built near it, the officials said.

The three-story main house was protected by security walls as high as 18 feet and topped with barbed wire, the officials said. Access was restricted by two security gates and residents burned their trash instead of leaving it out for collection like the other homes in the neighborhood. There were no phone or Internet connections, according to the officials.

Altaf Khan, 35, a resident of the street where Bin Laden was killed, said the house where he lived was built in 2005 and looked like a fort. There were closed-circuit cameras all around it and the women living inside the house used to speak in Arabic, he said at his house.

Obama Go Ahead

Several army jeeps and checkpoints were set up all across Abbottabad today. Security forces were checking cars inside the city and in its outskirts.

The president gave the go ahead for the operation early in the morning of April 29, according to one of the officials.

The night helicopter raid was ordered by Central Intelligence Agency director Leon Panetta, who monitored the operation from his 7th floor command center at CIA headquarters in McLean, Virginia, a U.S. official said.

Express 24/7, a Lahore, Pakistan-based television station, showed video footage of what it said was a compound in Abbottabad in flames.

The city of about 100,000 people is the center of a region dominated by army facilities and weapons factories. The city, named for the British colonial officer who founded it, has avoided the terrorist attacks that have struck Lahore, Karachi and other major Pakistani cities.

U.S. officials said they didn't share their intelligence with any other country, and informed Pakistani officials only when the operation was over.

I don't really care one way or the other, regarding the circumstances of his death... but this is just a reminder not to eat up all the lies your government feeds you:

Killed for resisting? or Killed as an operational objective?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-02/u-s-forces-were-unsure-bin-laden-in-house-until-meeting-him-face-to-face.html

The U.S. team was on site for just 40 minutes, and bin Laden was killed resisting the assault, an official said.

U.S. forces were under orders to kill Bin Laden

"This was a kill operation," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Bin Laden has always been Osama Bin Laden. Now, every media is talking about Usama Bin Laden. My mistake?? Buried at sea because of Muslim tradition??

They did the same thing to omar, momar, umar quadoffi kadaffi qadoffi gadhafi...

Its probably to mask data making searches only show with current news. That way people cannot correlate obama sending aid with sending a man hunt, or in the case of usama, they dont want bush's name showing. </shrug> that's my foil laden theory.

Thinking back - I like the idea of feeding the POS to pigs. I suppose they could also string him up like mussolini - that seems to work with coyotes.

Regardless, its good to have him dead. Although, unlike the media, I dont feel there's been any justice served. We're still missing a whole sh!tload of our 4th amendment, and 3 -4 wars continue one in the region.

Not to be a party pooper, but I dont think we've seen the end of this.

Listening to Gen. Franks this morning, he stated that this is only the end of Chapter 1.

For all of those worried that this will guarantee the reelection of Obama, let us remember that the first President Bush won the first Gulf war handily and was defeated by Clinton. The American electorate has a very short memory also known as "What have you done for me lately?". this is good timing because by 2012 no one will remember or care. As a matter

of fact if there is a retaliatory incident on American soil that is catastrophic in nature Obama will get the blame and people will say " He was just a figure head, he had no operational control anymore, we should have left him alone" The American electorate is very fickle.

Len S

just a thought, but this raid was done a week ago.

I have seen reports of more suicide bombs in Afganistan, with members of their military turning on people and shooting up people of new bombings. I just wonder if they knew -- the tangos, that his place had been hit and he was gone and started their operations. And were waiting to see when the west would announce what had happened.

I would think that would be a wiser move, because they have very actionable intel to connect the dots to many other important targets that they wouldn't want to alert, but there is a man who was in the town who was Tweeting the raid as it went on, he didn't even know what was going on until the announcement was made. I don't believe it's a fake because the time stamps line up, he has a history on there stretching back awhile.

For all of those worried that this will guarantee the reelection of Obama, let us remember that the first President Bush won the first Gulf war handily and was defeated by Clinton. The American electorate has a very short memory also known as "What have you done for me lately?". this is good timing because by 2012 no one will remember or care. As a matter

of fact if there is a retaliatory incident on American soil that is catastrophic in nature Obama will get the blame and people will say " He was just a figure head, he had no operational control anymore, we should have left him alone" The American electorate is very fickle.

Len S

You must remember that the voting structure has change since Bush number one, those that voted then in favor of Clintoon are more educated in adulthood today. The young voters of today are easily influenced by the powers of the Messiah not to include those who like the promises of peace and free money. ;)

Photos of the kill zone.

My link

Not quite what I would call a "furniture connoisseur" was O'SammyBinLaddy.

I copied this from a poster elsewhere. Boy Brennan is really trying to say this is 100% a kill but he wants to move on to other things???In July of 2001, Osama Bin Laden was flown to the American Hospital in Dubai for kidney treatment. According to French intelligence sources, he was there met by the local CIA attache. When the agent bragged about his encounter to friends later, he was promptly recalled to Washington.On the eve of September 11, Osama Bin Laden was staying in a Pakistani military hospital under the watchful eye of Pakistan’s ISI, the Pakistani equivalent of the CIA with deep ties to the American intelligence community.In October 2001, Bin Laden appeared in a videotape wearing army fatigues and Islamic headdress, looking visibly pale and gaunt. In December of 2001, another videotape was released, this time showing a seriously ill Bin Laden who was seemingly unable to move his left arm.Then on December 26, 2001, Fox News reported on a Pakistan Observer story that the Afghan Taliban had officially pronounced Osama Bin Laden dead earlier that month. According to the report, he was buried less than 24 hours later in an unmarked grave in accordance with Wahabbist Sunni practices.What followed was a string of pronouncements from officials affirming what was already obvious: supposedly living in caves and bunkers in the mountainous pass between Afghanistan and Pakistan, Osama would have been deprived of the dialysis equipment that he required to live.On January 18, 2002, Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf announced quite bluntly: “I think now, frankly, he is dead.”On July 17, 2002, the then-head of counterterrorism at the FBI, Dale Watson, told a conference of law enforcement officials that “I personally think he [bin Laden] is probably not with us anymore,” before carefully adding that “I have no evidence to support that.”In October 2002, Afghan President Hamid Karzai told CNN that “I would come to believe that [bin Laden] probably is dead.”In November 2005, Senator Harry Reid revealed that he was told Osama may have died in the Pakistani earthquake of October that year.In September 2006, French intelligence leaked a report suggesting Osama had died in Pakistan.On November 2, 2007, former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto told Al-Jazeera’s David Frost that Omar Sheikh had killed Osama Bin Laden.In March 2009, former US foreign intelligence officer and professor of international relations at Boston University Angelo Codevilla stated: “All the evidence suggests Elvis Presley is more alive today than Osama Bin Laden.”In May 2009, Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari confirmed that his “counterparts in the American intelligence agencies” hadn’t heard anything from Bin Laden in seven years and confirmed “I don’t think he’s alive.”Now in 2011, President Obama has added himself to the mix of people in positions of authority who have pronounced Osama Bin Laden dead. Some might charge that none of the previous reports had any credibility, but as it is now emerging that Osama’s body was buried at sea less than 12 hours after his death with no opportunity for any independent corroboration of his identity, the same question of credibility has to be leveled at this latest charge. To this point, the only evidence we have been provided that Osama Bin Laden was killed yesterday are some images on tv of a burning compound and the word of the man currently occupying the oval office.

Len S

You must remember that the voting structure has change since Bush number one, those that voted then in favor of Clintoon are more educated in adulthood today. The young voters of today are easily influenced by the powers of the Messiah not to include those who like the promises of peace and free money. ;)

The general public the world over are fickle. "Let me work, let me buy food and gas and I am happy" They got rid of Churchill after WWII. The young kool aid drinkers who can't find jobs or buy gas, the people who "vote for a living" are angry because they believe he has not done enough for them and remember they also buy gas. The far left are turned off buy his actions in both wars. I do not believe that the a fore mentioned voters will see the light and vote conservative I think they will stay home and not vote. Which is what they usually do.

They've stated that photos and DNA were taken, I'm guessing we'll see those released in the near future. I'll save my skepticism until after they've decided not to. They did release photos of the deceased Hussein brothers after they were killed in an assault on their compound. The facility that was constructed was a fortress for someone important. Those stories of bin Laden passing away were never corroborated, I think they were meant to keep the heat off our officials for not having captured or killed him and to diminish his importance.

In this day and age of video/electronics, we were able to view Saddam being hanged. Many, if not the majority, of soldiers are wearing camera's mounted to their helmets. The battle they are claiming was close combat. There is without a doubt video of the attack. Releasing it, well...

I believe I saw a photo of the President and others watching a live feed of the attack.

Great story on how OBL was located as well as the operation.

My link

my favorite paragraph:

"The hunt for bin Laden that ended Monday morning in Pakistan began years ago, when captured al Qaeda operatives first revealed the existence of bin Laden's most trusted courier. Some of the leads to the courier came out of the CIA's secret prisons, where high level al Qaeda captives were waterboarded. "

hmmmmm.....I thought waterboarding was ineffective?

Are we listening Pelosi and friends?

Looks like a DIRECT link between this technique and the Osama capture.

Archived