Photo

URGENT! URGENT! URGENT! Call Your State Rep.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 11,447 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

URGENT!! URGENT!! URGENT!!

Madigan Expected to Use A Sneaky "Shell Game" to Ram Chicago Style Carry Law Through House On Tuesday!!
Last Friday, the U.S. 7th Circuit of Appeals let stand their ruling in the case of Moore/Shepard vs Madigan that the ban on the Right to Carry in Illinois is unconstitutional.

In an attempt to stonewall the passage of a good carry law, HB0997 and other good gun bills, have been sidelined in a House sub-committee. The Speaker of the House plans to use a shell bill - an empty bill with no text - and turn it into a nightmarish Chicago style carry bill and push it through the House on Tuesday. We suspect it will be HB1155 but it could any number of shell bills.

Calls, Emails, FAXs Need Sent to Your State Rep's Local and Springfield Office NOW!

1. Urge them to be present at the State Capitol all day Tuesday. (Unless they are anti-Right to Carry, then they can take a snow day!)

2. Urge them to oppose any and all amendments to HB1155 (or any carry bill) that are not endorsed by the NRA/ISRA/IllinoisCarry.

3. Urge them to support ONLY amendments to HB1155 (or any carry bill) endorsed by NRA/ISRA/IllinoisCarry.

Our message to all legislators:
NO BAD BILL, NO BAD AMENDMENTS

To find contact info for your

State Representative click here

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,283 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

No Bad Bills, No Bad Amendments.
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#3 jrlivin2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

We're on it. Thank you for keeping us apprised.

Edited by jrlivin2, 24 February 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#4 branden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Sent and my title was NO BAD BILL, NO BAD AMENDMENTS!
NO BAD BILL, NO BAD AMENDMENTS!

#5 Ritte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Just called Representative Martwick and left a message at his Chicago office. His Springfield offce does not have an answering machine. I have also emailed him. I will call, email and visit his office tomarrow.

#6 Blackhawk067

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I hate this stupid state.

FixedLogo.png

#7 oneshot

• Members
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

What's wrong with defeating whatever bill they put up? They'll have to allow 997 sooner or later if theirs fail, June 9th is looming...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave. - Andrew Fletcher 1698

#8 Capt_Destro

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Im so sick of these people doing this. This is treacherous to the interests of the common people.
When picking a firearm, you want one that is like a heavy chick. A gun that is reliable, doesn't mind getting rough, and one that goes bang every time. What's the point of having something pretty looking it isn't up for the task?

#9 RINGKINGS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Will we be able to file Witness Slips for NRA supported amendments to the 1155 bill?
If yes, then when?
I COULD AGREE WITH YOU, BUT THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG.
ONE STATE ONE LAW

#10 Davey

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I hate this stupid state.

Probably not as much as the state hates you or any one of us.

Molly thanks for the heads up.

#11 Jfl0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

I will begin pressuring my legislator's office as well as the offices of anti's.

#12 RacerDave6

• 2,534 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

What's wrong with defeating whatever bill they put up? They'll have to allow 997 sooner or later if theirs fail, June 9th is looming...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They won't let 997 out, and the closer June 9 gets the better chance of a bad bill passing.
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#13 Talonap

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

How about a bill to eliminate the Committee System. All bills go to the floor for a vote by the elected reps?

#14 Joebie

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Asked in the other thread as well, however, does anyone have a good template?

Thanks!
The naivety of few effect the majority.

#15 abolt243

Tim Bowyer

• 11,283 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Asked in the other thread as well, however, does anyone have a good template?

Thanks!

HERE
Are you a member of the ISRA?? If not, why not?? Join over 18,000 other Illinois gun owners in the fight for your rights!!!

The Roman Empire fell due to a large, corrupt government, overspending, an overextended military, insecure borders, and the illegal immigration of Goths, barbarians (anyone who was not educated), and religious fanatics. Sound familiar?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

Luke 11:21 - "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed." NASB

#16 DoktorPaimon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Molly: Should we call other reps as well? Do we have a list?

#17 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I think this is going to be a tough one.

By controlling the bill number, Pro-2A groups like us will be REACTING.

This shows how and why the Chicgo machine is so effective. All the machine politicians get their orders from the machine, the rest of Illinois legislators however have to actually read through the contents of each amendment, weigh their constituents wishes etc...

Muddying the waters favors the machine because they operate with tremendous clarity - members vote how they are told to, pure and simple.

I doubt the antis will be hearing from their constituents, on the other hand, we're going to be going back to our representatives over and over and over asking them to vote no on this amendment or that, asking them to vote yes on other amendments.

It will be confusing.

But it won't be confusing for the machine democrats who will just be told what to do and how to vote.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

#18 RockerXX

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Muddying the waters favors the machine because they operate with tremendous clarity - members vote how they are told to, pure and simple

It goes both ways, neither side can blindly vote for any bill as either side could have amended that bill into something different... The only thing this stupid amendment chaos does is just that create chaos...

What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?
A sparrow with a machine gun!

#19 Fido

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Phone calls made and e-mails sent!!
9/11/01
Never forgetting means NEVER forgetting

#20 Rivemor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Here is what I wrote:

As a voter who believes in the U.S. Constitution, I am writing to express my views on gun control legislation currently being discussed in every level of government especially at the State level.

I am one of over 100 million law-abiding American citizens who responsibly owns firearms for target shooting, hunting, personal and home defense, and collecting. I care deeply about the Second Amendment, and I am closely monitoring legislation that would restrict my right to keep and bear arms. Particularly HB - 1155 which is being called up this coming Tuesday during a "weekly order of business." This bill should be opposed.

Your focus should be on real solutions that are fair to all Illinoisans. I strongly urge you to support the efforts of Representative Phelps and Senator Forby, in regards to their proposed bills HB - 0997 and SB - 1284.

I had the opportunity to watch both House Judiciary committee hearings last Friday and earlier this month. Both Mr. Phelps and Mr. Vandermyde urged the committee to work with them to formulate a bill that is fare to every Illinoisans, regardless if you live in Lake Forest or the inner city of Chicago.

Further, I ask you to focus on the problems of misuse of firearms, such as strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

Please support HB - 0997 and SB - 1284. Please work with Representative Phelps, Senator Forby and Mr. Vandermyde in their efforts. Most importantly please oppose HB - 1155 during the "weekly order of business."

Do NOT pass restrictive gun or magazine laws that adversely effect law-abiding Illinois citizens; instead, work to enforce the thousands of gun laws already on the books and help step up prosecution of criminals who commit violence and misuse firearms.

Thank you for your service.

XXX

#21 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Emails sent. Calls made. I assume for the witness slips, we have to wait until they actually introduce the amendments (tomorrow I guess)...
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#22 X Ring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

E-mail sent, calls made!
Remember when the enemy is within range so are you! When in doubt empty the entire mag!

#23 trea

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Called and e-mailed

#24 Jeff Johnson

• Members
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I called. Am now on a first name basis with my reps assistant. I'm thinking of taking her flowers at IGOLD.

#25 Brigg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thanks Molly...Down here in S. Illinois...we have pro 2A reps...but still had a good conversation with him regarding being in attendance and doing what's "right"!

Brigg

#26 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I wish we had the votes to get 997 out f committee but evidently we don't.

So I am guessing that we have to fight to make HB1155 work.

We knew we'd have to stave off amendments to HB997 this is just a ittle bit more chaotic...
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

#27 gtarbmx

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

i'm going to post this at my gun shop in a little bit.
does anyone have that printout list with all the chicago area reps and their numbers. i'd greatly appreaciate it and we could get a lot of people to call.

#28 dumpnpump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I just talked with the office girl for my rep in springfield. She was not clear on which bill we were in favor of and which we were not. I explained to her that Madigan was not above using a shell bill and switching the content back and forth and therefore my rep (who is on our side) would have to keep a close eye on things. He already knows madigan is weasel and I am sure will watch the bait and switch tactics very carefully.
"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the
hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#29 GWBH

Ripcord... This is Alabama - Fire For Effect, Over...

• 4,864 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Done - Thanks Molly!
Fire Support Base Ripcord Association - the heroes of the Vietnam War have their names on a wall in Washington, DC
http://www.ripcordassociation.com/

ishmo, "L" Company 75th Infantry (RANGER) 101st Airborne Division (VietNam 1968 - 1969 / 1970 - 1971 )
A good man, a good soldier, a patriot and a true friend. Rest easy my brother...

PFC Patrick J. Bohan, 101 Pathfinder Detachment, 101st Airborne Division, KIA, July 10, 1970, on FSB Ripcord

DAV - "Building Better Lives For America's Disabled Veterans" http://www.dav.org/
Paralyzed Veterans of America - http://www.pva.org/

NRA, ISRA, DAV, PVA

#30 TomKoz

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Done. Both offices of my Rep said they are getting WAY more calls in our favor!!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!