Gun Rights Survey - The future of Gun Rights in Illinois

mikew

36.7% - 22/60

Several of those "agree/disagree" questions I answered "neither" and only got 2 of 4 points.  One question - "I have a living situation that makes it uncomfortable to get firearms-related postal mail." - I answered strongly disagree as I live alone and don't have to worry about the mail.  That got me ZERO points. 😡

Then, I don't have a smartphone so I can get an app for it.  They didn't like that either.

And I still write paper checks as I prefer that to using a credit card - zero points.

This survey was meant for those 25-45 age group that only uses "plastic" on their "smartphones", etc.

Screw them.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:23 PM, WilsonCQB1911 said:

How can they score it if there are no wrong answers?  They tell me 45% and show me what I got wrong afterwards and lost points for answering wrong. 

There are no wrong answers.
I came up with the idea for the survey shortly before IGOLD, if I had spent more time with it, I might have had more questions, or I might have over-thought it.

I really just wanted peoples' responses to certain scenarios posed and I got that.

I have a vision for a more interactive way to participate in gun rights, based on a subscription model.
That being said, IllinoisCarry is the best thing going right now.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:57 PM, Chinto said:

How do we know this is not a phishing scam?    If you try to go to IL-RKBA.org my browser marks it as unsafe website and refuses to enter it.  

I have been a member of this forum for 20 years.
I've been involved in gun rights in Illinois for 25 years.

It's my survey, It's not a scam.

I did not have time to get a cert on the "hello world" page for the il-rkba.org.
I really wanted an email address available for the new domain.  I have that.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:52 PM, JTHunter said:

36.7% - 22/60

Several of those "agree/disagree" questions I answered "neither" and only got 2 of 4 points.  One question - "I have a living situation that makes it uncomfortable to get firearms-related postal mail." - I answered strongly disagree as I live alone and don't have to worry about the mail.  That got me ZERO points. 😡

Then, I don't have a smartphone so I can get an app for it.  They didn't like that either.

And I still write paper checks as I prefer that to using a credit card - zero points.

This survey was meant for those 25-45 age group that only uses "plastic" on their "smartphones", etc.

Screw them.

I did not ask for age or gender on the survey.

>>>>I would like to have an app on my phone, tablet or desktop from my gun rights organization.

I did not limit the existence of the app to a smartphone.

If you are able to respond to this thread on IC, then you have the needed HW and SW to play along with a future app.

I have two examples that drive my vision for an app, AOL with its all-in-one approach, and some nod to its walled garden,
and "MyChart" from Epic in Madison, WI, that owns the medical interactive app space.

"MyChart" runs from an app on Android or iOS phones and tablets, as well as a web portal that supports the major browsers.

Many of us have access to this unique software package.

Whether or not you like your doctor or health care provider, I not heard negative feedback about MyChart.

>>>>Screw them.

This was not made to disrespect or categorize anyone.

>>>>"I have a living situation that makes it uncomfortable to get firearms-related postal mail."
I have met these people, they can't join an org that's going to stuff their snailbox.

That may be so Mike but you saw me at IGold and took that picture of the back of my shirt as I sat over on the end of the bleachers near the doors.

You may not have "asked" for a persons age but the type of questions asked more readily lend themselves to a younger and more technically astute audience.  Like I said, I don't own a smartphone or tablet and am not a fan of ANY app out there, even if it can be put on a desktop computer.

In the 29 years that I have been online, I have had only ONE instance of a malfunction due to malware.  And that was in an email from a relative !

It screwed up my XP laptop that I was using as my desktop was in for some repairs.  The relatives Win. 98 machine was knocked completely off line and we had to reload 98 and all of the other software.  Fortunately, very little was actually lost as I was at their home frequently enough to have done back-ups to an external HD.  My laptop just had the desktop picture messed up and, the AT&T tech (working remotely) and I were able to correct the problem in less than an hour.  And that was about 18 years ago and I've been even more cautious ever since.

On 4/28/2024 at 9:33 PM, JTHunter said:

That may be so Mike but you saw me at IGold

I don't own a smartphone or tablet and am not a fan of ANY app out there, even if it can be put on a desktop computer.

Again, the intent was not to be divisive or disrespectful.

To me, and others may agree/disagree, IllinoisCarry.org is an app in same sense as "MyChart" mentioned previously when it is used on the web.
It is a feature-rich web portal with interactive forum and private messaging, the only one that is Illinois-centric.

The libs can't control or undermine it.

There's nothing to install, but it acts like an app.

Long live IllinoisCarry, thanks for being such an active user, and thanks for taking the survey.

Curious, what was the "correct" answer to this?

I cringe if I'm asked to give my credit card number and code over the phone or write it down. 

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

For the record, I cringe.  I don't remember seeing points for each question, though.

As for the definition of an app, I can see where JT Hunter is coming from.  The MyChart comparison is a good one, though.  Yes, there's a MyChart app for smartphones as well as the web portal.  I'm not sure I would call the web portal an app, but I'm also on the edge of being a dinosaur anyway.  I did take the question about having an app as meaning some unique piece of software that was installed separately from a web browser.  I think I chose the middle answer, because I'd prefer to have both an app and browser access.  For me, apps are great for short-term secure things, like ordering Buona Beef to be picked up in 15 minutes.  

On 4/29/2024 at 2:48 PM, EdDinIL said:

For the record, I cringe.  I don't remember seeing points for each question, though.

I cringe, too, and it's one of my driving forces behind creating the survey.

But again, there are no wrong answers.  I really wanted to know how many others were seeing it like I did.

I belong to a certain state-wide gun rights organization that sends cringe-worthy communications to my inbox and my snail box.
I really don't like writing my CC number down nor giving it over the phone, and I don't write checks anymore unless there's an extraordinary reason.

MyChart I hold as an example because I myself would like an app like that for gun rights, with a web-portal as well as installable apps for android and iOS.
Whether or not a gun-rights app was installable on the PC is secondary to me. 
But think about AOL, that's exactly how that worked.
People liked AOL as an all-in-one app.