Original training certificate expired

Ranger

My wife took the CCW 16 hour training class about 5 years and 2 months ago.  She had never applied.  It was just one of those "need to do when we get around to it" things.  We finally sat down at the computer the other day to apply for her CCW and it was rejected.  We finally figured out that the original certificate says good for 5 years.  ...  Hadn't even thought about it expiring...  Does she have to take the entire 16 hour class again or ?

I looked at my copy of my original certificate from 2013. There is no expiration date on it. Nor is there one on the 2018 renewal certificate. There is nothing in the text of the law that says the certificate expires. 

There is a statement that requires instructors to keep records of each student for 5 years. 

IL Firearm Applicant Portal (ispfsb.com) 

I thought that the ISP provided the certificates to the instructors. It seems that the ISP should tell you why it a certificate is rejected. Could it have been a bootleg instructor? All guesses on my part, I have only been a trainee.

Well...  We just dug out the certificate again and it does not have an expiration date on it so...  My wife and I discussed.  I think it was the website that rejected it because it was too old (April 14, 2018).  We went ahead and just submitted for her FOID renewal.

Should we try to apply again for the CCW now or wait until FOID approved or ?

Try logging out and using another form if cell then try a laptop or something. If they put in a date barrier, it's the first I heard of it and there has been no change in the law, so they would have done this on their own, which is not allowed. If that's the case, we need to get Val on it to see whjy this was done and where it came from.

JQ

@SB

We still need to find out why it's rejecting the date on the ISP sight. If this was and old cert issue, it would take it and the ISP would view then reject. Here, they are saying it is rejecting the date of training as in it's to old.

@Ranger

Be sure you are on the original 16hr application and not a renewal.

Edited by John Q Public

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 12:39 PM, John Q Public said:

You get them okay Rock? They used to have them online to download. I see no reason not to heave them for current instructors on login....

They still have not responded, and my old number for ISP training is dead line.  I have been offline for a while, so I'm hoping they get back to me soon.  Thank You!

• 3 weeks later...