DeVore case 2 open for 24 hours (Filed in White County)

DaveIL

On 2/16/2023 at 2:12 PM, Capt_Destro said:

A FFL I contacted is still refusing to transfer stuff. SMH 😕

Wasnt even an AR or anything. But a Glock fullsize frame... Confirmed he is also a plaintiff.

because it can hold 17 rounds.. 

you both have to be on the list, even then they provided a list of FFL’s so you can check with another one.

I was in one of my LGS's this past Saturday, and a customer was inquiring about purchasing hi-cap mags.  Both the customer and the LGS were plaintiffs in one of DeVores cases.  The LGS declined to sell, and explained that upon advice of their attorney, they should just wait awhile and see how this works out.  I'm not going to second guess them, but wonder why they spent the money to get a tro if they weren't going to use it.  

They are now trying to identify those who are former military and retired police for the equal protections part of the suit. 

I'm not, but have had over 300 hrs of training from some of the top trainers in the country including "Combat Rifle".

I'd think they'd want to include us also to show military and police aren't the only folks with training. If you fall into the same category as myself, please consider digging out any training certificates and be ready to respond. I replied to Ryan's email asking if we would be included. 

On 2/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, wdnshoots said:

They are now trying to identify those who are former military and retired police for the equal protections part of the suit. 

I'm not, but have had over 300 hrs of training from some of the top trainers in the country including "Combat Rifle".

I'd think they'd want to include us also to show military and police aren't the only folks with training. If you fall into the same category as myself, please consider digging out any training certificates and be ready to respond. I replied to Ryan's email asking if we would be included. 

Great thought but I don't think you'll be a useful tool for them.  They are going after equal protections of law for those not on the "acceptable" list.

On 2/23/2023 at 3:56 PM, Jeffrey said:

Great thought but I don't think you'll be a useful tool for them.  They are going after equal protections of law for those not on the "acceptable" list.

Well, Prison Wardens are exempt. Many of them don't have any training at all. Why should they be carved out. Just asking. DeVore said in his last video that they are bringing that into discovery because it is about training. Guess I shouldn't try to make sense of anything that they put in this senseless bill.

On 2/23/2023 at 4:09 PM, wdnshoots said:

Well, Prison Wardens are exempt. Many of them don't have any training at all. Why should they be carved out. Just asking. DeVore said in his last video that they are bringing that into discovery because it is about training. Guess I shouldn't try to make sense of anything that they put in this senseless bill.

Million dollar question..

Exercising civil rights should not be subject to arbitrary training requirements!

I wish our side would get their collective heads of their you know what and focus on what Bruen said and knock of arguing any means-ends, we are only hurting ourselves continuing to entertain the idea that exercising the 2nd in any way shape or form can be regulated by arbitrary mean-ends (especially ones based on one's current or past day job) we need to dismiss this line of argument entirely and not give it any credibility.   Simply argue that means-ends is moot, training is moot, their day job is moot, their night job is moot, their past career is moot, it's an individual civil right of ALL, there are no allowed legislative 'class' distinctions based on means-ends allowed, and a 'training' requirement to exercise the 2nd is literally a means-ends argument that has no basis in history.

On 2/23/2023 at 5:11 PM, Upholder said:

This case is not a 2nd amendment case.  This case is an equal protection case.  You cannot simply invoke Bruen or Heller tests to apply them to an equal protection argument.

I beg to differ, you can and should invoke Bruen because it's the denial of a protected civil right that is not being afforded equal protection.

On 2/23/2023 at 5:18 PM, Flynn said:

I beg to differ, you can and should invoke Bruen because it's the denial of a protected civil right that is not being afforded equal protection.

This case is a challenge to the legislative process that was not used correctly. Equal protections is just one part of it. The Illinois legislator has been abusing the system for years. We just happen to have the best case to challenge them. The 2nd amendment challenge is being handled in other cases. 

Archived