Accuracy Firearms, et al v Pritzker - Effingham Co - Gun/Mag Ban - Att. Thomas DeVore

steveTA84

On October 25, 2023 at 11:28 PM, mab22 said:
In all seriousness my understanding is that by being charged, not even a trial yet, your FOID is void. Is that not the case?

If it's a felony arrest, federal law prohibits you from purchasing and shipping firearms and ammunition, but you are not prohibited from possessing what you already possess.

However, depending on the nature of the charges (particularly domestic violence) and other parties involved in the case, the court could order your FOID to be suspended/revoked. (Hello, red flag.)

Otherwise, that is not the case.

On 10/26/2023 at 2:28 AM, Euler said:

If it's a felony arrest, federal law prohibits you from purchasing and shipping firearms and ammunition, but you are not prohibited from possessing what you already possess.

However, depending on the nature of the charges (particularly domestic violence) and other parties involved in the case, the court could order your FOID to be suspended/revoked. (Hello, red flag.)

Otherwise, that is not the case.

This is IL, you honestly think they won’t take your guns?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does not look good. I'm sure we will hear about an appeal very soon.
and THANKS CAULKINS! 🖕

https://www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_history.jsp?court=IL025015J&ocl=IL025015J,2023MR4,IL025015JL2023MR4D9

Taken off advisement. This matter previously came on for hearing on Plaintiffs' Motion to Reconsider this court's Order dismissing the Complaint. The court has considered the Pleadings, the arguments,
and the applicable authority. The Illinois Supreme Court held in Caulkins v Pritzker, et. al. that the exemptions for public safety officials contained in P.A. 102-1116, also known as the Protect Illinois Communities Act, do not violate the equal protection clause of the Illinois Constitution. The Court found that members of the public, as a matter of law, are not similar in all relevant respects to the exempt public safety officials. This court is bound by that holding. Plaintiffs do not dispute that the allegations in the Complaint filed in Caulkins v Pritzker, et. al. are identical to the allegations contained in the Complaint filed herein. Caulkins v Pritzker clearly controls this case. For the reasons stated, and for the reasons stated in the Docket Order of 8/15/23, Plaintiffs' Motion to Reconsider is denied. Clerk to provide copies of this Docket
Order to attorneys of record.

Caulkins did this on purpose to sabotage this case. I would rather see him replaced by a Dem so at least we knew where we stood. The Dems in this state know how to get their agenda done. They are not stupid, just evil. 

With this states judges, I can't see how we can get any further with this case. We can hope, but I won't waste much emotion any further with our case. I just hope something will make it to the supreme Court and we'll see how that does. 

Edited by wdnshoots

The IL State Supreme Court was never going to give Caulkins or Devore a win.

Devore blaming other just masks the fact that he had a weak case and had little chance of success if things went to the  State Supreme Court .

He and Caulkins were both grandstanding for press and attention 

Devore was slightly better at it .

But Devore did get paid so at least he was successful bin that aspect .

The only real hope we have is the Federal cases 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:28 PM, jpearson said:

The IL State Supreme Court was never going to give Caulkins or Devore a win.

Devore blaming other just masks the fact that he had a weak case and had little chance of success if things went to the  State Supreme Court .

He and Caulkins were both grandstanding for press and attention 

Devore was slightly better at it .

But Devore did get paid so at least he was successful bin that aspect .

The only real hope we have is the Federal cases 

Devore and plaintiffs didn't have a chance to get screwed by the Illinois supreme court, Caulkins made sure of it. Caulkins campaign fund got paid by his group. I don't believe Caulkins was grandstanding either. I really think he did it on purpose. Devores case was going after how they pass laws in Illinois and Caulkins is apart of that. Illinois Republicans aren't much different than Illinois Democrats. 

Devore grandstanding for press and attention? No, Devore believes in what he's doing. 

But I do agree that the federal case is our best chance. But I still don't trust the US Supreme Court. I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Jmho

On 1/19/2024 at 4:40 PM, wdnshoots said:

Devore and plaintiffs didn't have a chance to get screwed by the Illinois supreme court, Caulkins made sure of it. Caulkins campaign fund got paid by his group. I don't believe Caulkins was grandstanding either. I really think he did it on purpose. Devores case was going after how they pass laws in Illinois and Caulkins is apart of that. Illinois Republicans aren't much different than Illinois Democrats. 

Devore grandstanding for press and attention? No, Devore believes in what he's doing. 

But I do agree that the federal case is our best chance. But I still don't trust the US Supreme Court. I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Jmho

Everyone seems to forget the F A C T that Devore filed well before Caulkins. DEVORE got the appeal and the first TRO, and Caulkins C  O P I E D Devoves case, basically plagiarized it. It was the states attorneys that talked Caulkins into giving up a BUNCH of rules and going to the IL Supreme court. The court pretty much said, Hey DUMMY you presented NO FACTS to support your argument, you loose BIGLEY!

There are so many IGNORANT CARNIVAL BARKERS out there that don't have the slightest shred of a clue as to what occurred, yet they want to bash Devore and praise Caulkins like a bunch of MDA democrats. 

According to this Mr.Devore has already filed an appeal!

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/article_83dc2e44-b71c-11ee-93ec-3bccc7253a11.html

But HEY he's only in it to get attention. :rofl:

DeVore appeals in gun ban challenge

Attorney Thomas DeVore says he's already filed an appeal to an Effingham County judge denying his challenges to Illinois' gun ban, asking it to be reinstated.

• 2 months later...

It appears there is a lot of paperwork being filed and updated in the court record the last few days. 

from the case page. 
https://www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_history.jsp?court=IL025015J&ocl=IL025015J,2023MR4,IL025015JL2023MR4D9

Date Entry Judge
Entered Under: ACCURACY FIREARMS LLC ET AL
03/27/2024  CLERK NOTE: Received telephone call from Appellate Court stating Volume 2 cannot be accepted based on how was submitted (pages broken out into smaller attachments). Clerk to contact Goodins to assist with breaking down the case into more volumes. Appellate Court to reject the Volume 2 filings and disregard the previous Volumes 1 & 3 there were previously submitted and accepted.
Copy of Rejections Confirmations on file.
Clerk resubmitted Common Law of Record in 4 volumes.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Volume 1 of 4 Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Volume 2 of 4 Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Volume 3 of 4 Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Volume 4 of 4 Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
UNASSIGNED
03/26/2024  CLERK NOTE: Part of filings for Volume 2 submission failed. Clerk broke down those pages into smaller groups of pages and resubmitted for e-filing to Appellate Court. Clerk telephoned Appellate Court informing of the e-filing submission errors and process of breaking down into attachments consisting of smaller amounts of pages to go through e-filing.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 2501-2800 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 2801-3200 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 6301-6700 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 6701-7200 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Letter (stating briefing due dates) filed by the Appellate Court.
UNASSIGNED
03/25/2024  Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 1-2200 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 2201-2500 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 3201-4000 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 4001-4800 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 4801-5600 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 5601-6300 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 7201-7500 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 7501-7801 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 7802-8000 Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted for Volume 2 pages 8001-8482 Email from Appellate Court on file.
UNASSIGNED
03/22/2024  The record has been prepared and certified through Imaging for transmission to the Appellate Court, Appeal e-filed into Appellate Case# 5-24-0112.
Clerk Note: No Transcripts received for filing with Appeal.
UNASSIGNED
03/22/2024  Record of Appeal filed with the 5th District Appellate Court.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Volume 1 Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Volume 3 Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Impounded Record Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Report of Proceedings Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
Copy of Filing Submitted & Filing Accepted For Exhibits Confirmation Email from Appellate Court on file.
CLERK NOTE: E-filing Submission failed for submitting Volume 2. Clerk broke down Volume 2 into multiple filings and submitted to Appellate Court on 325/24.
Edited by mab22

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I knew how to get to the documents.

Date Entry Judge
Entered Under: ACCURACY FIREARMS LLC ET AL
04/04/2024  Copy of Filing Accepted for Report of Proceedings Confirmation Email from Appellate Court in Appellate Case No. 5-24-0112 on file. UNASSIGNED
04/03/2024  Court of Proceedings for 1/3/24 e-filed with Appellate court in case no. 5-24-0112.
Copy of Filing Submitted For Report of Proceedings Confirmation Email from Appellate Court in Appellate Case No. 5-24-0112 on file.
UNASSIGNED
04/01/2024  Letter with attached order (Appeal in Appellate Court Case No. 5-23-0035 is hereby dismissed as the circuit court has vacated the temporary restraining order) received and filed by the Appellate
Court.
Letter with attached Mandate (Appellate Court Case No. 5-23-0035 Dismissed per IL Supreme Court Supervisory Order) received and filed by the Appellate Court.

Edited by mab22