Illinois General Assembly 9/22/2022

mauserme

The "Allison" mentioned earlier as an attorney with Everytown, is Alison Shih.

She identifies primarily as a career coach: 

Alison Shih - Career Coach

I will guide you to find a career aligned with your values

Chicago, Illinois, United States

Contact Alison Shih for services

Career Development Coaching, Interview Preparation, and Resume Writing

About

Ready to unlock your full potential and find your calling?

Do you have a vision of creating or transitioning into a healthier working environment that feels aligned and that will compensate you fairly?

I’m Alison, an advocate, lawyer, teacher, mother, and career coach whose expertise is in helping women discover their voice and articulate their strengths and skills to ultimately land their dream job.

I work with women who want to make a career transition. I help my clients identify their new path and provide practical support to cultivate a network in their chosen field, craft and edit written application materials, and shine in a job interview.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:15 PM, mauserme said:

The take away - they are trying to set the stage to ignore NYSRPA v Bruen as they've largely done with DC V Heller.

That isn't going to work out for them.  The Heller decision left wiggle room that NYSRPA doesn't.

I keep wondering about that.   As much as I hope the courts will come through for us, the state is too deeply invested in the anti-gun fight to back down.  

On 9/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, yurimodin said:

Its going to take a little time but Bruen was YUGE......JMHO but the NFA and GCA are going down.

I agree.  

I think most of us would have been happy with establishing a strict scrutiny level of review still subject to the old 2 step process.  This goes far beyond that, so far that I believe open carry will become essentially unregulated subject, possibly, to a few sensitive place bans.

On 9/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, mauserme said:

Bruen, he says, throws strict scrutiny, interest balancing, out the window.

He quotes that the state must demonstrate that modern restrictions must demonstrate that their proposals/laws are constant with the history when the 2A was adopted.

He tells the anti-gun folks to quit thinking of revoking FOID Cards, that in 18 months he predicts there will be no FOID Card. 

He calls it a race baiting tactic to justify what they're trying to do.

YES! This is exactly what I was hoping Todd was going to do.  Lay down the Bruen decision in front of them.  

Their strategy going forward is to pretend that it doesn't exist.  The attorney who stated Bruen doesn't affect Illinois clearly didn't even know what Todd was referring to in the decision.  

I hope Todd continues the same strategy, attacking the current laws on the book as no longer constitutional under Bruen.    

On 9/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, Dumak_from_arfcom said:

YES! This is exactly what I was hoping Todd was going to do.  Lay down the Bruen decision in front of them.  

Their strategy going forward is to pretend that it doesn't exist.  The attorney who stated Bruen doesn't affect Illinois clearly didn't even know what Todd was referring to in the decision.  

I hope Todd continues the same strategy, attacking the current laws on the book as no longer constitutional under Bruen.    

That is our plan.

Archived