California AB-1620

Flynn

They have litterly lost their rockers, over and above all the other nonsense (that is mind boggling in itself) they are now essentially banning CNC machines (the tools to exercise your 2nd) and owning/using could potentially make you a prohibited felon! Let the lawsuits fly, there is no way this holds up to the recent SCOTUS precedent test!

29185. (a) No person, firm, or corporation, other than a federally licensed firearms manufacturer or importer, shall use a computer numerical control (CNC) milling machine to manufacture a firearm, including a completed frame or receiver or a firearm precursor part.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB1621

I think what's happening here is a product of anger combined with ignorance.

I'm uncertain if supporters of gun control (politicians and voters alike) understand what happened with Bruen. Some yes, some no, it would depend on the individual. Regardless, I think there's likely a tremendous amount of anger over this ruling, an anger that is driven by a belief that the court is wrongfully preventing them from enacting the sort of legislation they want, a sort of "how dare you!" way of approaching the subject.

This could, therefore, be a sort of "lashing out," a "let's try this..." approach to gun legislation that is not well-reasoned but rather purely emotional, knee-jerk, and not remotely pragmatic.

The more pragmatic folks out there are doing what Maryland is doing: Accepting the loss for what it is and moving on.

I expect to see this happen in some jurisdictions around the country, as various state legislatures attempt to get around each subsequent ruling in decreasingly less ambitious ways until their options begin to dwindle to nothing, at which point they finally call it quits. Once they do, I expect some of them to issue legislative decrees decrying these court decisions, while reiterating their support for gun control and lamenting how the "courts won't let them."

If I were in California and wanted to have that equipment, I’d make sure it was in a room that won’t be easily seen such as a basement and I would have a spare pc that I never connected to the internet for that specific purpose.  If it’s not connected anywhere they would have a hard time tracking it.

I was looking at a video last night and they were talking about Colorado’s magazine ban.  Apparently their law said they couldn’t sell magazines but said nothing about possession, so the shops started selling them with the drum, the spring and bottom taken apart so that way they were only selling parts, and would tell people how to put it together which should have been like 30 seconds.  Constant cat and mouse game I guess.  I feel sorry for the owner of the local range I go to.  He’s in a small town but has amassed quite a collection of things for sale. He seems to be doing a good business though.  I traded in my gx4 a week ago, and was getting ready to pick up my new hellcat, he’d already sold the gx4.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Butlerian Jihad from DUNE........

The most dramatic long-lasting result was the ensuing commandment from the Orange Catholic Bible held sway to humans against the creation of machines which bore the human mind's exact image: Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind, after the destruction of the man-made intelligent machines throughout the human worlds. Even the simplest computers and calculators were banned, with the penalty for building or owning such a thinking machine technology being put to trial and sentenced to immediate death.

Archived