Moving out of state. Does my IL CCL become void?

Rabble

I did not notify Illinoy of my move to Arizona

I do not know about Texas but Arizona does not notify Illinoy when you become a resident.

My foid card and my D.L. show up as still valid in Illinoy although they both will expire in the next year or so 

My CCL expired two years after I moved to AZ. but Illinoy mailed a renewal form to my old address 

I know the people that bought our old house and they mailed it to me just for giggles.

several people told me I should have renewed it at the time but I wasnt going to play that game  

Im moving to Iowa this weekend and will turn mine over to the Sherriffs office there when i get my permit. Iowa is Constitutional Carry only getting permit so i can carry in other states that recognizes Iowa. Otherwise if they dont want i wont do anything else about it.

12 hours ago, Rabble said:

I tried to search on this but no luck.  We are moving to Texas.  Does my IL CCL remain valid until it expires?  Or is it void upon becoming a citizen of Texas?  And do I have to notify the ISP of my move?  Thanks for any info.

Just for giggles, write kelly insisting your ccl be converted to non resident ccl since its active and you have been vetted. 

Rabble, IL has reciprocity (is valid in other states, sometimes with limitations) with TX but only for a visitor. Check this site for details.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/il-gun-laws/

Also, you can click on any State to check their reciprocity relative to other States.  I hope this helps.

On 8/16/2021 at 6:53 PM, Therrito said:

Rabble, IL has reciprocity (is valid in other states, sometimes with limitations) with TX but only for a visitor. Check this site for details.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/il-gun-laws/

Also, you can click on any State to check their reciprocity relative to other States.  I hope this helps.

Therrito: I'm just nitpicking terminology:

Reciprocity requires that a state have an agreement with the other state... "we will accept yours if you accept ours". This is why Florida does not recognize the Illinois CCL.

While a bunch of other states recognize the Illinois CCL as valid, Illinois does not accept the CCL  of any other state. Illinois does not have reciprocity with any state.

A far better tool than the USCCA page is, IMO, the phone app CCW developed by one of our IC members. I think you can search the app store for your phones OS to find it.

noun: reciprocity
  1. the practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit, especially privileges granted by one country or organization to another.
    "the Community intends to start discussions on reciprocity with third countries"

Welcome to Texas!  I left Illinois about a year ago.  My first task here was to get a Texas driver's license, a tough task due to Covid.  Once I got that I took a Texas License to Carry class and then applied for the LTC.  Surprisingly, two weeks after applying, I received the card in the mail.

Texas now has constitutional carry.  But, get the card anyway.  That way you can carry in other states that recognize it.  

2 hours ago, Quiet Observer said:

"A far better tool than the USCCA page is, IMO, the phone app CCW developed by one of our IC members. I think you can search the app store for your phones OS to find it". 

The app is called Posted!

I am really not certain what it is called... it is quite good!

Googling "CCW app" brings up "CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State" in the Apple app store. This is the one I referred to. On my iPhone the icon is CCW.

I believe "Posted" is a companion app that lets users add businesses that do not allow CC. It resides within the CCW app. CCW also has " Gun Vault" featuring some handy range tools and a place to keep info on your firearms... including rounds used and last cleaning. Googling "Posted app" brings up the same suite.

A link to a version of the Posted! app used to be at the top of the page in the old platform here. 

The exclamation point is part of the name. I was not using it for emphasis. I probably should have enclosed the name in quotes. 

I have it both on my iPad and android phone.

Posted! - List Pro & Anti Gun Carry Locations - Apps on Google Play 

‎Posted! - List Pro & Anti-Gun on the App Store (apple.com) 

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, Bubbacs said:

Either way search the Texas laws and get that process as soon as possible!

I moved to IL from the northeast and I need to buy a house in 10 months, I'm going to IN because I don't want to get used to paying the insane property taxes.  I figure with the money I'll save per month with everything else in my life staying the same I'll always have a brand new car.

Less than 2 minutes ago I was thinking "I wonder if there is a www.illinoiscarry.com & MollyB equivalent out there somewhere for IN".  I'm off to look up the process right now.... can't wait to buy a full auto I already have the cash saved up for it.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, soundguy said:

I am really not certain what it is called... it is quite good!

Googling "CCW app" brings up "CCW - Concealed Carry 50 State" in the Apple app store. This is the one I referred to. On my iPhone the icon is CCW.

I believe "Posted" is a companion app that lets users add businesses that do not allow CC. It resides within the CCW app. CCW also has " Gun Vault" featuring some handy range tools and a place to keep info on your firearms... including rounds used and last cleaning. Googling "Posted app" brings up the same suite.

Soundguy is correct.  I am the author of these apps. :)

On 11/18/2021 at 12:03 PM, joedav1228 said:

Less than 2 minutes ago I was thinking "I wonder if there is a www.illinoiscarry.com & MollyB equivalent out there somewhere for IN".  I'm off to look up the process right now.... can't wait to buy a full auto I already have the cash saved up for it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/  

Archived