FOID Screw UP

My daughter just got her notice in the mail, that she was denied a FOID card due to her being seen by a mental health care professional in March 2009 while she was15 and 16 years old.

Since then, she has gotten everything straightened out, purchased her own home and has a 3 year old little boy and now works as a LPN at the same facility where she was seen.

But she also got a FOID card in the mail the same day as the denial letter.

I called the ISP number about this and left a message several days ago, with no return call as of yet.

I ran the number on the FOID card thru the ISP check screen, and it comes back as not valid.

What do you guys think about this one?

I am holding the denial letter and the FOID card in my hands. And it took only 6 months for them to reply to her application at all.

Sorry to say but it looks like legal help is in order. You should PM Molly B and email Todd. You should also consider getting a subscription to IC. Edited by spec5

The process to appeal a FOID revocation takes 2.5 to 3 years unless something has changed radically and quietly.

This wasn't a revocation, this was a denial, according to the OP.

A denial based on something that happened more than 5 years ago.

Not to mention when she was a minor. I don't understand how they can access someone's medical history like that without violating HIPAA anyway but I'm not an expert on that.

Thanks, as usual, you are the best!

And to the other replies, this was a denial for something over 5 years ago as a teenager, and not a revocation.

I will update when I can.

Edited by 45b

Forgot to mention that the letters and envelopes that had the denial letter and the FOID card in them arrived in the second week of May and had a November postmark on them.

So evidently the ISP postmarked them and then did not mail them for over 6 months. Or they misplaced them for 6 months.

Also have not received a call back yet for the calls we made to the ISP on May 9 and it is now the 16th.

They wonder why we complain about the terrible customer service of the state of Illinois offices?

Forgot to mention that the letters and envelopes that had the denial letter and the FOID card in them arrived in the second week of May and had a November postmark on them.

So evidently the ISP postmarked them and then did not mail them for over 6 months. Or they misplaced them for 6 months.

Also have not received a call back yet for the calls we made to the ISP on May 9 and it is now the 16th.

They wonder why we complain about the terrible customer service of the state of Illinois offices?

Sounds more like the USPS lost them than the state sat on them. Had this happen with other stuff sent by mail.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sounds more like the USPS lost them than the state sat on them. Had this happen with other stuff sent by mail.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Was it really a postmark? Wasn't it a meter instead? The ISP uses meters and they put their own dates when the run through the meter and thus it would not get a postmark applied by the USPS. So you really have no way to tell when it was sent unless it was a postmark.