My license was in my mail today!

Got mine today. I am a igold and my wife called.

Paid 1/2

Approved 2/28

Postmarked 3/1

Received 3/5 at 1:30

Tazewell County

Edited by spec5

I gots it! :D

I happened to look out the window and see the mail truck. Bundled up again and went out. Mailman was still sorting mail into the boxes in the parking lot. Said there was nothing for me. He asked what I was looking for and I actually told him. He stopped, looked at me, and said he'd heard about them being mailed on the radio.

Two minutes after I was inside, my buzzer went off. It was the mailman with my CCL!

Happy Snoopy dance time!

Paid 1/2 (with prints)

Approved 2/28 (unsure of time)

Postmarked 3/1

Received 3/5

NW suburban Cook County

I got a letter from the 2nd Amendment Foundation - FROM WASHINGTON STATE - postmarked Friday. It arrived yesterday. So ISP is the culprit, not USPS.

If you haven't received anything from the ISP yet (in order to know what the postmark is) how can you blame the ISP? Perhaps it's in the mail and the USPS is to blame. That seems to be what a lot of people are running into. Is your blame mislaid?

ISP said that they mailed 5000 on Friday. I guess I dont know when they mailed mine yet, but I was taking their word for it.

I think they may have "dropped them in the box" on Friday (after hours). And if that box is in an internal mailroom, they may have effectively gone out on Monday. Anyway, I hope you see something in the mail today.

I've seen a few 3/1 postmarks here as I review the thread, so it sounds like the USPS is the culprit in the "diversity" of en route delivery time. Nevertheless, it's good to see a lot of happy activity out there!

:cool:

These aren't post office post marks. These are run through an office postage machine post mark. SwanHunter (Mike Rowe) posted on the IL Hometown Forum on Arfcom today that he, Molly, and Richard Pearson (ISRA head) got a tour (no pics allowed) of the ISP area where the CCLs are being printed. They got to see the infamous printer, which does everything but put the postage on the envelope. So SOMEONE in the ISP office has to run all these envelopes through a postage machine in their office.

I've seen a few 3/1 postmarks here as I review the thread, so it sounds like the USPS is the culprit in the "diversity" of en route delivery time. Nevertheless, it's good to see a lot of happy activity out there!

These aren't post office post marks. These are run through an office postage machine post mark. SwanHunter (Mike Rowe) posted on the IL Hometown Forum on Arfcom today that he, Molly, and Richard Pearson (ISRA head) got a tour (no pics allowed) of the ISP area where the CCLs are being printed. They got to see the infamous printer, which does everything but put the postage on the envelope. So SOMEONE in the ISP office has to run all these envelopes through a postage machine in their office.

So unless they were metered early on Saturday 3/1 by the ISP and pickup up by the USPS that day, they are effectively the same as ones that were metered by the ISP early on 3/3.

So unless they were metered early on Saturday 3/1 by the ISP and pickup up by the USPS that day, they are effectively the same as ones that were metered by the ISP early on 3/3.

Correct a business meters their own mail and it SHOULD all go out on the date on the meter and they control the date. They can either have the USPS pick it up or drop it in a box or take it to the USPS. Businesses can and do sit on their mail with the wrong dates.