My license was in my mail today!

@ Reaper... and snash....

I finished application at 12:08 am of 1/5/14 with prints. Still "under review". I am in Lake Co

The only "rhyme and reason" that I can see to the timing and issuing of these licenses is that the instructor population applied early and are getting licensed first; no problem with that, but beyond that it seems as if its a random number generator that's making the licensing decision from day to day!

prints/ no prints; higher number on app/ lower number on app; county location and even "status" online as under review/ approved

have all received licenses in the mail or NOT on any given day.

Methinks: its all a lottery :pinch: after passing thru the initial 30 days, as far as final licensing goes.

I finished application at 12:08 am of 1/5/14 with prints. Still "under review". I am in Lake Co

The only "rhyme and reason" that I can see to the timing and issuing of these licenses is that the instructor population applied early and are getting licensed first; no problem with that, but beyond that it seems as if its a random number generator that's making the licensing decision from day to day!

prints/ no prints; higher number on app/ lower number on app; county location and even "status" online as under review/ approved

Methinks: its all a lottery :pinch: after passing thru the initial 30 days, as far as final licensing goes.

I was fully expecting to wait another month or two since I did not submit prints. If it helps, my permit # 5826. I'll update when I actually have the license in hand. But as far as why I'm approved before other who submitted prints, I have no idea

Edit: Maybe it was faster for me since my prints are already in many different systems, so it wouldn't take long to find them/ approve them

Edited by ReaperWaterfowl

I applied on 1/5 with having started application earlier. No prints. Submitted it about 0800 that morning. Last night still under review (decided not to check until at least afternoon since they will have to be at work some time to change it). In Massac county (about as far south as you can get and not be in Kentucky). Wife (aka Ole Heifer) did hers same day and she is still under review too.

Edit; my prints are in several systems too from military and DOE clearances. Should not be hard to find mine.

I keep telling myself that you are dealing with this stupid state so common sense can't apply; but come on! Why are people in the same catagory not getting them at the same time????? NO REASON, just excuses. Yes, I am sick and tired of getting screwed by this state and the powers that wanna be. Wish I could get out of here!

Edited by ragsbo

My guess is what the BG check comes up with. Squeeky clean, quickest/easiest first approvals. Anything comes up, slightly more thorough review. I know AZ is very similar. In AZ if nothing comes back on BG at all, you can have a permit in hand in 30 days. Those who have things come up, even if not disqualifiers can take months to get through the extra scrutiny. Just my guess though.

This thread though is really suppose to be for announcing you have received your CCL in the mail. http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=46203

I have no explanation as to why once approved, getting them out the door time wise would be different unless that's on our lovely USPS. They may be batch mailing CCL's as well, not necessarily when they come off the line. Again, just guessing.

Edited by mikemsu1

I was fully expecting to wait another month or two since I did not submit prints. If it helps, my permit # 5826. I'll update when I actually have the license in hand. But as far as why I'm approved before other who submitted prints, I have no idea

Edit: Maybe it was faster for me since my prints are already in many different systems, so it wouldn't take long to find them/ approve them

Prints don't work like that. Otherwise, none of us would have submitted them.

Either way, it was apparently a big waste of money for those of us who did submit them.

The idea of the prints is that, if you submit prints, they are guaranteeing that they will be able to figure out who you are and approve you within 90 days. If you don't submit prints, they're saying that if they can't easily figure out who you are, they might need an extra 30 days. By submitting prints you are ensuring that you will have it in 90 days no matter what, but not that you will receive your app before anyone else.