Anonymous Responds To Obama gun control policy

narcoden

Umm, OK. How does this help exactly?

Well, I see what you're thinking... If Anonymous, which some consider criminal, is for the Constitution, then the Constitution must be bad (in the mind of the average liberal). I actually doubt that this is Anonymous proper, but maybe a group that is loosely associated, or of the same mind as the main Anonymous group. Either way, I don't think they are wrong in the slightest.

Being that Anonymous is um, anonymous, it's hard to pin down whether a supposed statement really belongs to Anonymous. Usually when they have a statement to make, they just hack somebody. Like today...

http://www.nbcnews.c...wartz-1B7957732

The secret to creativity is the ability to completely hide your sources...

Being that Anonymous is um, anonymous, it's hard to pin down whether a supposed statement really belongs to Anonymous. Usually when they have a statement to make, they just hack somebody. Like today...

http://www.nbcnews.c...wartz-1B7957732

The secret to creativity is the ability to completely hide your sources...

And even the creator! :sorcerer:

My point was, this looks more crackpot-anarchist rather than the voice of reasonable law-abiding citizens who just want their 2nd Amendment rights respected. Is this robotic satanic graphic really the face of your average Joe Buckshot or Suzy Pursepacker who needs to be recruited for the cause?

No, but not all gun owners or our allies aren't "Joe Buckshot", whoever that is.

Let's say that "Joe Buckshot" represents millions of gun owners who are not yet in the 2A fight. Maybe they'll be pursued to donate time or money to push back at bureaucrats, or maybe not. Then "Joe Buckshot" sees this Anonymous creation and wants to know "What is this?" "Is this what I am supposed to rally around?" And my original question "How does this help exactly?"

Not knowing much about Anonymous, what are some of their successes?

Let's say that "Joe Buckshot" represents millions of gun owners who are not yet in the 2A fight. Maybe they'll be pursued to donate time or money to push back at bureaucrats, or maybe not. Then "Joe Buckshot" sees this Anonymous creation and wants to know "What is this?" "Is this what I am supposed to rally around?" And my original question "How does this help exactly?"

Not knowing much about Anonymous, what are some of their successes?

They are a group of hackers really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_%28group%29

Here about as much as most people need to now before they support them...

Anonymous declared they were going to destroy the anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church in reaction to the church claiming they would picket the funerals of the victims of the Connecticut school shootings. The group hacked into the church's website, releasing the personal information of all church members. On December 21, 2012, the group successfully launched a DDoS attack on the church's website and hacked into the Twitter account of Shirley Phelps-Roper.[56]

Sometimes there a nuisance, other times they are moving large amounts of cash from the rich to the poor.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There are plenty of "non-traditional" gun rights organizations out there (pink pistols and JPFO come to mind), non-traditional being liberal on many social issues but very pro-2A. We are looking at many years worth of battles against anti-gun politicians, so I don't think we can afford to turn away from any legit support (legit being the key word). The leftists in the media already cast the typical gun-owner as a fat racist white guy, so the more than can be done to alleviate that, the better.

That being said, this Anonymous thing could be a hoax. Anon doesn't have the best of reputations, therefore this could be someone's effort to associate 2A supporters with fringe groups, much like Piers Morgan bringing in Alex Jones in an attempt to make us all look bad. I don't know if he was successful or not as I refuse to watch idiots like Morgan and increase their TV ratings.

<snip>

That being said, this Anonymous thing could be a hoax. Anon doesn't have the best of reputations, therefore this could be someone's effort to associate 2A supporters with fringe groups, much like Piers Morgan bringing in Alex Jones in an attempt to make us all look bad. I don't know if he was successful or not as I refuse to watch idiots like Morgan and increase their TV ratings.

That's pretty much why I'm asking questions about this particular video.

I support anonymous on alot of issues. They are truly concerned by the abuse of government. A big issue is the fact that the president is planning on using executive order. That is a dictatorship. If gun control passes through government that's one thing. But to have one man make law, that's another. Check out the anonymous twitter feed for some interesting material. They are equal opportunity offenders.

Honestly we need to cast aside our political/religious differences if it means uniting gun owners.

It's what currently divides us and cost gun owners the presidency in a sense.

Pink Pistols is a gays for guns group basically right? You would think more people of the GLBT community would want protection against bigots out there who want to play smear the queer.

Also we need to educate minorities more on their second amendment rights. The video you can't ban evil was pretty good. Also the book "negros with guns" was good start as well.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There are plenty of "non-traditional" gun rights organizations out there (pink pistols and JPFO come to mind), non-traditional being liberal on many social issues but very pro-2A. We are looking at many years worth of battles against anti-gun politicians, so I don't think we can afford to turn away from any legit support (legit being the key word). The leftists in the media already cast the typical gun-owner as a fat racist white guy, so the more than can be done to alleviate that, the better.

Exactly- I am a moderate libertarian who is a fiscal conservative and social liberal. I am pro-2A all the way. I don't agree with every single person who stands behind the 2A on other issues, but our stances on the 2A are clear, and are worth fighting for together. Anonymous is just blowing off steam. Other than hacking, they pose no real threat to anyone. To my knowledge they are strongly anti-government, some of them anarchists, many of them desiring small government. Anonymous is literally "anonymous"- it can be anyone or anything.

Archived