Photo

First IGOLD 2012 Pictures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bud

• Members
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

I had to leave early to take care of a problem at home so here's the first pictures. Follow the link and then once open, just click on "slideshow" in the upper toolbar:

IGOLD 2012

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#2 RECarry

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Inspiring!!!
A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#3 milq

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Visit my Illinois RTC/Pro 2A blog: Steel on Target

#4 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• 1,678 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

My first IGOLD. LOVED it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any idea on the head count?

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#5 Kerwin Law

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

8000-ish is what I heard Tom say. That`s funny WICS-20 said hundreds :)

Edited by Kerwin Law, 07 March 2012 - 09:30 PM.

"The trouble with internet quotes is, not knowing whether they are authentic or not"
Abraham Lincoln

God grant me the wisdom to accept that which I cannot change, and enough ammunition to hold out until morning.

NRA Patron Life Member, ISRA Benefactor Life Member, CCRKBA Life Member, Member : Illinois Carry, GOA, GSL . Sec/Tres Christian County NRA Affiliate (15 years and counting)

#6 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Nice pics!

#7 Frank

Formerly FrankW438

• 1,678 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Nice pics!

Thanks, but Bud's 18 MegaPixel Digital Rebel takes MUCH better pictures than my phone.

Nice pics, Bud. Hope everything is okay at home.

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#8 Davey

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Anyone else see the young man doing the whole march on a pair of crutches? I know I did.

Like a boss!

100_0013.JPG

Edited by Davey, 07 March 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#9 Davey

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Another miscellaneous pic.

100_0017.JPG

#10 Yas

• Members
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

OK start counting heads.

Crowd wide 1a.jpg

Crowd wide 1b.jpg

Crowd wide2.jpg

Flags 1.jpg

#11 Kerwin Law

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

Oops, I meant to say WAND-17 said hundreds, sorry WICS
"The trouble with internet quotes is, not knowing whether they are authentic or not"
Abraham Lincoln

God grant me the wisdom to accept that which I cannot change, and enough ammunition to hold out until morning.

NRA Patron Life Member, ISRA Benefactor Life Member, CCRKBA Life Member, Member : Illinois Carry, GOA, GSL . Sec/Tres Christian County NRA Affiliate (15 years and counting)

#12 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Has anyone seen the money shot yet from up on the rail road bridge?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#13 Bud

• Members
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

Thanks, but Bud's 18 MegaPixel Digital Rebel takes MUCH better pictures than my phone.

Nice pics, Bud. Hope everything is okay at home.

-- Frank

Everything's fine. There was just a decision that needed to be made and my signature. We had an unexpected opportunity come up.

Sorry I missed the actual walk though.

Bud

Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili.

ITWT Club Member 001

ONE STATE- ONE LAW

#14 pyre400

Political opinions expressed are always my own.

• Admin
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'm digging this thread. :o

#15 Buzzard

• Members
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm not.

Maybe sometime later this afternoon or this evening the page will finally be up because people refuse to reduce their pictures.

I'm sorry to be putting a damper on peoples excitement of another hugely successful IGOLD but, come on....

Is it THAT hard to reduce your pictures so that us poor folk with dial up can enjoy them too??
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

#16 Getzapped

Gunsmith Extraordinaire

• 1,903 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I had to leave early to take care of a problem at home so here's the first pictures. Follow the link and then once open, just click on "slideshow" in the upper toolbar:

IGOLD 2012

I need captions! I feel so dumb, I don't know who any of these people are!

logoforum_zps0763fe59.png

#17 Yas

• Members
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm not.

Maybe sometime later this afternoon or this evening the page will finally be up because people refuse to reduce their pictures.

I'm sorry to be putting a damper on peoples excitement of another hugely successful IGOLD but, come on....

Is it THAT hard to reduce your pictures so that us poor folk with dial up can enjoy them too??

Uh Sorry :o

#18 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 10,820 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Here are a few - resized - photos.

Attached Images

• DSC_0408 (Medium).JPG
  • DSC_0400 (Medium).JPG

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#19 Don Gwinn

President, SCRA

• 2,664 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I know it doesn't show the size of the crowd, but I *really* like that last one with the SPD cruiser in the shot. :o

________________________________________________________________________________

Illinois Gun Owners' Lobbying Day

March 5, 2014

Be there or everyone will see that you have four equal sides and four 90-degree angles!

________________________________________________________________________________

#20 Xwing

• Members
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Great pictures. What we really need is a Helicoptor shot from above to show the whole crowd in one picture. That would be priceless. I'm sure ISRA has budget for a copter next year, right? :rolleyes:

Lou, I really liked the last pic, of the front of the march coming to the capitol.
NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)