Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

On 8/26/2021 at 10:08 AM, hasoon2000 said:

Renewal

Applied 3-14-21

Still Under Review

My only issue is that if I go to another state, I can't legally carry there because the license has an expiration date and is technically expired. I doubt other states would honor it legally. This is frustrating.

not expired there.

others have already attested to this.

when checked the ccl will state covid 19 and not expired!

Exchanged emails with my State Rep's office 2 days ago.

The exchange , in part:

"

I am asking for Mr. XXXXX's help in getting my FCCL renewed.
My FCCL expired on 5/26/21. I renewed on 3/24/21, 5 months ago!
The ISP instructs me to carry my receipt for renewal.
I will be traveling out west in Sept. Each state I will be visiting honors a valid IL FCCL. Not an expired FCCL with a note from the government.
This is such a hot mess it should be abolished. I feel my 2A rights are being infringed due to the inept administration of a constitutionally questionable law.
I'm asking that Mr. XXXXX contact the ISP and have them expedite my renewal so that I may exercise my 2A Right while on vacation."

"We got your message from Springfield as well.
I can make an inquiry with the ISP in regards to your renewal status but I cannot expedite any processing times.  Your card is legally valid.  I will be very honest with you, renewals are taking almost a year or longer at this time.
If you would like me to inquire about your status I am happy to do that-"

"These ISP issues are putting an undue burden on folks simply trying to exercise their right. Will JB post my bail when another state doesn't honor my expired card?"

"Thank you. I will get that request to them.

If you have concerns with the other states honoring your legally valid card I strongly suggest that you reach out to the local or state police in the areas you will be traveling to inquire as to why they would not accept the card as valid.  We have had other constituents who have traveled with their cards and the print out of their renewal and it has been just fine.
Please let me know if you find that there are states that are not accepting that.  Maybe the ISP can suggest something further or can speak with them."

"I understand. But I think everyone would agree that this places an extra burden on folks.
I also plan on carrying a note from Epstein's mother! LOL!!!"

"We agree!  The entire requirement is overly burdensome and should be done away with.  Unfortunately, there would not be enough support to get that through the General Assembly.  Thank you for your understanding and your humor :)"

On 8/15/2021 at 11:42 PM, Objectivemistake said:

*Update as of 8/28/21 I still haven’t received card in mail. It’s been two weeks since issued. My mail carrier in Chicago alway lazy and puts people mail in wrong boxes/doesn’t do their job. Constantly getting mail  late. 

First time Illinois resident CCL

No prints 

Applied 4/12/21

Issued 8/13/21

Did not receive card in mail yet. 

86 days 

123 calendar days 

37 days skipped: Excluded 17 Saturdays Excluded 17 Sundays Excluded 3 holidays

On 8/28/2021 at 7:39 AM, Molly B. said:

ISP advises to wait 30 days for the card to arrive in the mail.  If it goes past that you should contact them - DO NOT file a lost card report.

30 days??? I advise my students to raise heck if they haven't gotten it 10 days after it shows active. That's more than enough time to print a card and drop it in the mail. At that point your expiration date is ticking. Screw what the ISP says. The ISP is always going to say what is good for them. Governments take freedoms, that's what they do. Don't give them a single extra day in this entire charade. It doesn't take 30 days to print and mail a permission slip. 

10 days is more than adequate to determine a card has been lost in the mail. Why are we making excusing for bumbling government idiots? They can't process permission slips in time and they can't deliver mail in the same state within the same month? I can send a piece of mail to California in 5 days. Not the fault of We the People. 

Silence is consent. Raise heck.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:52 AM, AlphaKoncepts aka CGS said:

10 days is more than adequate to determine a card has been lost in the mail. Why are we making excusing for bumbling government idiots? They can't process permission slips in time and they can't deliver mail in the same state within the same month? I can send a piece of mail to California in 5 days. Not the fault of We the People. 

Silence is consent. Raise heck.

/PURPLE/

I agree whole heartily here. Why wait to get the permission slip any longer. Government right? Right!

At day 11 login and report that card lost or stolen, ( they lost it and your rights were stolen)!

never mind that right after you click report lost or stolen the original card will become invalid (wouldn’t want a felon or mentally deranged person) to get that card some day!

now that you’ve done the right thing (wink wink) you can wait as the process to get a new card will start the process all over again. Yeah yeah, 30 days blah blah, we know that’s not happening! So sit back strap in and get ready for another 120 days for the card to go active again. And if it doesn’t get here in 10 days, drop a few F-Bombs under your breath and login in again and report it lost or stolen. All while resting peaceful in knowing you’ve done the right thing. Don’t let the government get you, you make them get that card to you in 10 days or else. 

Stick it to the man and one day you’ll have that card in your hand. Good Luck!

Oh and remember, It will get here soon and by soon I mean it WILL show up less than 10 days after you report it lost or stolen! Invalid but it will show up!

/PURPLE/

I never said report it lost or stolen.

I said raise heck, which is what more gun owners need to do. 

well, got my renewal ENVELOPE in the mail yesterday, which was supposed to contain my FOID card......

nothing there.

i made several attempts today to contact ISP to no avail......(not shocked)

I just paid the 6 bucks to get a lost/stolen replacement, figured it was the easiest way to solve this stupid problem.

On 9/5/2021 at 9:31 PM, Mike38 said:

It's been 50 weeks since I applied for CCL renewal, the card I hold expired on 11/20. I'm beginning to get concerned. Am I over reacting here? ISP site still says Under Review. 

It sounds normal to me after reading so many posts where people were waiting a year or more.  I'm going on seven months now for my CCL renewal. 

CCL renewal card received 229 days after renewal submitted. Here are some of the demographics of my case:

Original card expiration date: 5/3/2021

Renewal submitted: 1/3/2021 (120 days before expiration)

Fingerprints on file: Yes

Training certificate submitted with renewal: Yes  (Under "COVID rules" the proof of training was not required)

Renewal card "issued": 8/13/2021 (222 days after renewal submitted) 

Renewal card received: 8/20/2021 (229 day after renewal submission and 109 days after original card expiration)

Per Illinois Statute, renewals with fingerprints shall be issued 90 days after submission. (https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=3497&ChapterID=39)

If you are waiting, please hang in there. ⏲️🐌

I can't believe the day finally came.  Made it to 558 days (applied 3/8/2020).  Finally showing up as active, I do not have the card in hand yet.

Per Illinois Statute, renewals with fingerprints shall be issued 90 days after submission.

My renewal with fingerprints took them 558 days... I don't think that statute means anything.

Archived