Illinois General Assembly 4/17/2018

mauserme

What's really a conundrum for me is how the current system works. I've read several articles about "straw purchasers" who've been caught. They got a basic slap on the wrist. Through all these hearings I've also come to understand that serious criminal's are released early and often in Cook County. Nothing that I've heard or seen in this debacle addresses any of that. Instead they want to make some person caught with an unregistered piece of plastic a Class X felon now. LOL, only in Illinois gang, only in Illinois. Good Lord, it's like living in a bad dream.

I never owned or had the desire to own a Bump Stock, but the level of STUPID in the Illinois House and Senate is at all time highs. If only these people were so aggressive with fiscal matters in a responsible way.

K, these bills still need 2nd and 3rd readings, correct. Can they do that and vote all tomorrow on these 2? Cause, I just know thy want to do something in front of Moms Demand everything tomorrow.

The bump stock bill is already at third reading. They can move it to second reading tomorrow, adopt the amendment if it wasn't already adopted in committee, and pass it over to the House with all the Moms cheering on the people who supported it before they opposed it.

Now member of Highland Park city council is speaking. weapons of war...no place in communities...blah, blah

"Weapons of war." Someone should ask them if they know any combat veterans that would rather carry a semi-auto into combat. Because I am honored to know several of those guys (my brother included), and I don't think a single one would.

Archived