Eotech Refunds

WARFACE

I'd say your potential ebay buyers were the lucky ones.

Actually they may have lucked out because they'd have gotten them for cheaper than they are new, then submitted an RMA for whatever is the highest price they can find online lol

To be fair, my thoughts for selling them was before the product issues/fraud came to light - I had already replaced everything with Aimpoint and was just getting ready to list them when the news about the government lawsuit went public. So I put them on a shelf and figured it was lost $$. I'm just glad I didn't put them in the trash.

I still see lots of people claiming to never having a problem and planning to keep them. I have also seen offers to buy the HWS being returned to EOTech (cash now, don't wait for a refund type of offers) although those were mainly when the refund issues first went public. I haven't seen any of those in a few weeks.

I'd say your potential ebay buyers were the lucky ones.

Actually they may have lucked out because they'd have gotten them for cheaper than they are new, then submitted an RMA for whatever is the highest price they can find online lol

To be fair, my thoughts for selling them was before the product issues/fraud came to light - I had already replaced everything with Aimpoint and was just getting ready to list them when the news about the government lawsuit went public. So I put them on a shelf and figured it was lost $$. I'm just glad I didn't put them in the trash.

I still see lots of people claiming to never having a problem and planning to keep them. I have also seen offers to buy the HWS being returned to EOTech (cash now, don't wait for a refund type of offers) although those were mainly when the refund issues first went public. I haven't seen any of those in a few weeks.

My comment was mainly tongue in cheek.

I never experienced any issues with the one I had either. The only time I can think of there being a problem was last winter when I hit the range and it was so cold out (outdoors) that at 50 yards I was off by about 3" up and to the right. I chalked it up to either the cold changing the velocity of the powder I was using, or it was just that I was using my hand loads for the very first time out of that rifle. I zero'd it, and then didn't notice a change when the weather warmed, but probably wouldn't have because the rifle it was on was one that I used at 25 yards and in for fast shooting drills. I've never even shot the rifle out past 50 yards. Well not yet anyway.

With that being said, has anyone received any further emails from them since they received your sights? My sight was delivered on 1/21 and I haven't so much as received a "we got your optic" email from them. From what others have been saying, it should be coming either this week or next.

My comment was mainly tongue in cheek.

I never experienced any issues with the one I had either. The only time I can think of there being a problem was last winter when I hit the range and it was so cold out (outdoors) that at 50 yards I was off by about 3" up and to the right. I chalked it up to either the cold changing the velocity of the powder I was using, or it was just that I was using my hand loads for the very first time out of that rifle. I zero'd it, and then didn't notice a change when the weather warmed, but probably wouldn't have because the rifle it was on was one that I used at 25 yards and in for fast shooting drills. I've never even shot the rifle out past 50 yards. Well not yet anyway.

With that being said, has anyone received any further emails from them since they received your sights? My sight was delivered on 1/21 and I haven't so much as received a "we got your optic" email from them. From what others have been saying, it should be coming either this week or next.

no worries. I stopped taking things said on the internet personally many years ago.

no new updates - the last I heard was the same as Glock23 posted in post 143 - payments are being handled by a 3rd party and should start being issued in a couple of weeks.

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

The EOTech Refund Help Line Is Now Open

Call 1 888 EOTHOLO
Option 3 - then 1 for the refund call center

They can confirm that your optic has been received, but at this point cannot give a specific date as to when your refund will be processed.

However - I was able to speak with an actual human being!!

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE

The EOTech Refund Help Line Is Now Open

Call 1 888 EOTHOLO

Option 3 - then 1 for the refund call center

They can confirm that your optic has been received, but at this point cannot give a specific date as to when your refund will be processed.

However - I was able to speak with an actual human being!!

Awesome! I'm going to call them tomorrow. I'll see what kind of info I can dig out of them.

I called up the number yesterday and had to hold for a few minutes, but then a guy that I almost thought was a recording came on and asked for my contact info since they'd been receiving a very high volume of calls.

I just received a call back today, and the lady looked up my return and said that it was approved and processed so I'll get the refund in the next batch. She said that they're processing refunds in a rolling batch so I should get something within the next few weeks and if I don't, I should call back to find out what's going on.

Very happy that there's some forward movement on this and will wait for the check. Hopefully it comes soon.

Just called to see if they received my sight. Very pleasant, professional gentleman stated they had received it and if I don't receive my refund within a couple weeks to call back for an update.

I actually wasn't expecting to receive a refund until summer, but if I get one by the beginning of March I'll be extremely happy. I heard a LOT of people talking in the background, so they must have one heckuva support call center set up at the moment.

Their silence on what they will do to rectify this problem is more concerning. Do they even have a confirmed fix for their sights? Are they going to continue manufacturing their sights and giving them to retailers to sell to the uninformed customer?

I have seen Midway advertising them and not at discount prices either.

Their silence on what they will do to rectify this problem is more concerning. Do they even have a confirmed fix for their sights? Are they going to continue manufacturing their sights and giving them to retailers to sell to the uninformed customer?

I have seen Midway advertising them and not at discount prices either.

Brownells is doing the same thing too.

Received my refund from EoTech today! Now what do I buy to replace it? Was thinking an Aimpoint Micro but may go with the Vortex Sparc II and use the left over $ to buy a 1911. Decisions decisions!

I called on mine yesterday. They are very cordial over the phone. They confirmed that they received the ones I sent in and said I should have my check(s) in the next couple weeks. If not, I am supposed to give them a call back.

Made my second call today - same as above... and YES I was nice to the lady!!

She said they've been all but overwhelmed by the debacle this has caused EOTech and if I don't have my checks in a couple of weeks to please call back.

I do have to say the customers service people handling this mess are very patient and courteous.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived