Need a good carry belt

WindyCityGuy

i got one from crossbreed a couple weeks ago and love it, its also almost 1/4" thick, 7 hole adjustment. love the roller buckle as its much easier to pull the belt tight with it. in fact its pulling one hole tighter than my previous belt and im pretty shure i didnt loose weight. lol if i get another and i am thinking about it. ill get it 1 inch shorter due to the roller buckle. wearing my xdm around the house and it has no sag or do i feel a need to keep pulling up my pants as happend often with a local store bought belt i had been wearing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am searching for a gun belt. I have gone to all 18 websites that was recommended by everybody that posted before me in this thread. Of the 18, there are 3 that standout to me. Problem is, I just can't decide between the 3. I'm hoping you guys can provide some pros and cons to these.

First, is Old Faithful:

http://oldfaithfulho.../shop/gun-belt/

What I really like about this belt is the kydex reinforcement. The style is also casual, but could pass as semi formal.

What I have concerns about are the glossiness of the black in the second picture. Some of the other websites also expressed concern about belts with 2 pieces of leather being sewn together versus being 1 thick piece.

Second, is Bullhide Belts:

http://www.bullhideb...Belt_p_286.html

What I really like about this belt is that it is 1 piece of leather. The style is very casual, but is plain enough that it could pass for semi formal.

The biggest concern is that the belt is not reinforced. It is relying on 1 thick piece of leather to maintain shape and support.

Finally, is Daltech Force:

http://www.daltechfo...black-or-brown/

This is also a 2 piece belt that is reinforced internally, but not with kydex. The coloring seems to be slightly more formal than the Bullhide Belt, but still very casual.

This belt does not have double stitching.

All belts being considered are 1-3/4" wide and wil be double stitched, when available, and will have 2 keepers. I will be buying both a black and brown belt. Black will have a satin, nickel, or stainless buckle. The brown/dark brown belt will have a bronze buckle. I could really use some help based on people's reviews based on experience of one or more belt styles.

Thank you in advance.

I just visited Daltech Force's site Friday and also called with a question. The young lady on the phone was courteous and helpful, which says a lot to me. (Not that any of the other companies has been discourteous)

I noticed that they don't "up charge" for belt sizes until size 60, most start charging extra at 46-48 or so. Add in that they ship within 3-4 days for most and I have decided to give them a shot.

Hank's Amish belts. Handmade, extremely high quality, thick, and only $32.99 with free shipping. You won't find a better belt at double that price. I use mine with my super tuck and it's like they were made for each other.

http://www.hanksclot..._belts_ccw.html

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

+1

I have a bit of a dilemma. I am searching for a gun belt. I have gone to all 18 websites that was recommended by everybody that posted before me in this thread. Of the 18, there are 3 that standout to me. Problem is, I just can't decide between the 3. I'm hoping you guys can provide some pros and cons to these.

First, is Old Faithful:

http://oldfaithfulho.../shop/gun-belt/

What I really like about this belt is the kydex reinforcement. The style is also casual, but could pass as semi formal.

What I have concerns about are the glossiness of the black in the second picture. Some of the other websites also expressed concern about belts with 2 pieces of leather being sewn together versus being 1 thick piece.

Second, is Bullhide Belts:

http://www.bullhideb...Belt_p_286.html

What I really like about this belt is that it is 1 piece of leather. The style is very casual, but is plain enough that it could pass for semi formal.

The biggest concern is that the belt is not reinforced. It is relying on 1 thick piece of leather to maintain shape and support.

Finally, is Daltech Force:

http://www.daltechfo...black-or-brown/

This is also a 2 piece belt that is reinforced internally, but not with kydex. The coloring seems to be slightly more formal than the Bullhide Belt, but still very casual.

This belt does not have double stitching.

All belts being considered are 1-3/4" wide and wil be double stitched, when available, and will have 2 keepers. I will be buying both a black and brown belt. Black will have a satin, nickel, or stainless buckle. The brown/dark brown belt will have a bronze buckle. I could really use some help based on people's reviews based on experience of one or more belt styles.

Thank you in advance.

I can't offer any guidance on which product is best, but keep in mind that 1 3/4" is a pretty wide belt. I have trouble getting my 1 1/2" gun belts through the slots in a few of my holsters.

Just something to consider.

Whatever you get, stay away from single layer belts. I don't care how thick it is, or how nice it seems when you get it, it will stretch. All of those guys that cheaped out on those Amish belts will be buying new belts a lot sooner than the guys who bought good quality double layer belts.

Also, reinforcement isn't needed with most belts unless you are going to be carrying a Desert Eagle or a S&W .500. A good double layer belt will support anything you plan on carrying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Whatever you get, stay away from single layer belts. I don't care how thick it is, or how nice it seems when you get it, it will stretch. All of those guys that cheaped out on those Amish belts will be buying new belts a lot sooner than the guys who bought good quality double layer belts.

Also, reinforcement isn't needed with most belts unless you are going to be carrying a Desert Eagle or a S&W .500. A good double layer belt will support anything you plan on carrying.

You're 100% wrong. Nobody "cheaped out" with a Hank's Amish belt. I've had mine for years. I've used one at work for the last few years without issue, and I've carried using one for years. Haven't noticed then stretch at all and i carry a full size xdm iwb. Doesn't matter how many layers of leather you have all belts break in and stretch a little bit.

No, I'm not 100% wrong. I'm 100% right. Ask any reputable belt maker why they go through the extra labor to make double layer belts. It's not because they enjoy going through all the extra pains to make a few bucks profit and making people wait when they can be pumping out belts and making money hand over fist. It's because they don't stretch or curl and single layer belts do. Not only that, but they stay stiffer and provide more support while a single layer will soften and become much more flexible which causes the belt to lose its support qualities. Why don't you pick up the phone and make some calls or do some research online? You might get some education. I've learned my lesson with single layer belts. Been there, done that. Never again will I buy one, even if it is supposedly made by a bearded guy with a hat.

Don't need to make calls. I've used the belts and know from first hand experience. If the education I'll get is anything like yours, I'm good.

as someone that's used the Amish belts, they are thest single layer belts.

But add in walking in the rain working in 100 degrees and sweating and rolling with a 100lb pack they don't hold a candle to double layered with internal stiffener belts which if leather still bend a smidgen in 3 years of pure abuse.

All this is with a Glock 19 and spare mag or heavier load out. Often a steel 5" 1911.

Loctite/paint pen/regularly check your gear. A gun falling off your belt is unacceptable

I use 5.11 Tactical Operator Belt it's awesome!

Here's the specs:

Purpose Built

Crafted from ultra-strong nylon mesh and a solid stainless steel belt buckle with a 6,000 lb. rating, the 1.75” Operator Belt provides more than enough support and durability to carry your holster and accessories comfortably and securely. With heavy reinforced stitching, the 5.11 Tactical Operator Belt can be quickly converted into a secure tie down, secondary carry strap, or emergency harness.

Overview:

• Strong, durable, and functional
  • Converts to a tie down, carry strap, or emergency harness
  • Stainless steel, 6,000 lb. buckle
  • Fade and rip resistant

Specifications:

• Ultra-strong nylon mesh
  • Heavy stich reinforcements
  • Buckle finished in black matte

Am I the only one who just uses a plain ole leather belt?

Been wearing it everyday for maybe 20 yrs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

With a holstered gun on it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Archived