Informational Alert 5/28/2013 - SB2193 In Executive Today

mauserme

House Bill 2193 Informational Alert

Illinois Carry remains officially neutral on the Amendments to SB2193. We realize, however, that many members feel supportive of this bill, particularly as compared to HB183.

Without calling for witness slips to be filed I am providing a link for the convenience of those who wish to express their opinion.

Link to Witness Slips

I was neutral on 2193 up until yesterday. However the shenanigans with 183 have forced me to pick a bill, and 2193 is it. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, it's not even good, but we have 3 alternatives and 2193 is the best choice. I have filed a witness slip as proponent for Amendment 2 to 2193.

I was neutral on 2193 up until yesterday. However the shenanigans with 183 have forced me to pick a bill, and 2193 is it. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, it's not even good, but we have 3 alternatives and 2193 is the best choice. I have filed a witness slip as proponent for Amendment 2 to 2193.

I did the same, It's the lesser of two evil's.

I did the same, It's the lesser of two evil's.

Sadly that's how my voting usually happens during elections too :(

i thought that with madigans bill passing in the house we had this in the bag in the senate. so i guess madigan flipped on us like some said he would.

I could see where you think that if he didn't strongly and publicly oppose different laws thought each part of the state. However, with his 12 minute speech and his condemning of that part of the law, i feel like he won't betray us. I'll be the first to say, I don't think he is doing this for us, but it is in his best interest at the moment.

i thought that with madigans bill passing in the house we had this in the bag in the senate. so i guess madigan flipped on us like some said he would.

Actually, my theory is that Madigan is using us as his foot soldiers in the battle to kill 183. He'll throw his weight behind his bill, but its up to us to pressure the Sens to beat Cullerton back. It will make the defeat even more crushing. Just a theory.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We have voted against how many bad bills in the past to get to this point. Why are we in such a hurry to jump on this one??? I am not trying to stir the pot but trying to follow all the jargin latley makes your head spin. For those of us up state on the border its a win I guess, but everyone south of lake cook road gets screwed.

We have voted against how many bad bills in the past to get to this point. Why are we in such a hurry to jump on this one??? I am not trying to stir the pot but trying to follow all the jargin latley makes your head spin. For those of us up state on the border its a win I guess, but everyone south of lake cook road gets screwed.

Unfortunately we don't have complete control of the legislation.

The courts didn't tell the legislators what law they can and cannot pass. Only that the current UUW will be struck down.

We fought good and hard but were still left with a tough choice.

Take the lesser of the 2 evils.

So Lisa Madigan's office (Kenyatta) is an opponent to SB2193? Seriously? This is getting weird.

It's all a face saving measure so she can say that she is against the law that will get her off the hook.

Who is she trying to save face with? For liberal voters in the Democratic primary with Quinn? Contrastingly, I would think that in a general election her being a little more Second Amdt-friendly would actually help her. But I guess not in the primary.

Archived