Photo

Klayman v. Obama (Background Checks)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 18,972 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

http://www.bloomberg...federal-lawsuit

Obama's Gun Control Initiative Challenged in Federal Lawsuit

by Andrew M Harris

January 19, 2016 9:07 AM CST
Updated on January 19, 2016 10:24 AM CST

U.S. President Barack Obamas expansion of background checks for would-be gun buyers is being challenged in a lawsuit by a political activist who claims the changes violate the Constitution and the federal rule-making process.

It is clearly arbitrary and capricious for the defendants, each and every one of them, to now suddenly adopt and implement a new and different interpretation for no other reason than the political preferences of temporary occupants of elected office, attorney Larry Klayman said in a complaint filed at the U.S. court in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Klayman, the founder of the political watchdog group Freedom Watch, claims the background-check initiative violates the constitutions Second Amendment, which the U.S. Supreme Court has said guarantees an individuals right to bear arms for self-defense.

Rule Making

Even if constitutional, the redefinition circumvented the federal rule-making process, he said. Klayman ... is seeking a court order blocking the executive action and declaring the measures unlawful.

Named as defendants are the president, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Thomas Brandon, who heads the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Patrick Rodenbush, a spokesman for the U.S. Justice Department, didnt immediately reply to a telephone message seeking comment.

The case is Klayman v. Obama, 16-cv-80087, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida (West Palm Beach).

Attached File  160119-ComplaintasFiledExecutiveActionGunControl.pdf   157.31KB   104 downloads

Edited by mauserme, 20 January 2016 - 12:20 PM.
Attached the complaint.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

I'll be sending freedom watch a couple dollars as a thank you
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#3 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:23 PM

http://www.freedomwatchusa.org/donate
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#4 Talonap

• Members
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

Shouldn't the lawsuit be against the fact that POTUS cannot make laws - that laws are up to congress? Might be easier to prove than having it be a 2nd Amendment issue.

#5 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:19 PM

I wonder if they will defend the actions by pointing out that they didn't actually change anything lol Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly,
flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to
intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
-Chicago Times review of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.

#6 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

Nothing to add here.

I quickly read the thread title as Kenyan vs. Obama :devil:

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#7 transplant

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

I'm taking the other side of this. I think this suit is a high risk low reward. Obama and his minions and handlers wee careful to stay within the bounds of his auhority. If they overstepped it, it wasn't agregiously.

I predict this lawsuit loses and makes us look bad, and reinforces anti talking points.

#8 WARFACE

• Members
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

Nothing to add here.

I thought Obama was a Kenyan :tinfoilhat: 

Aspire to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

#9 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:34 PM

Nothing to add here.

I thought Obama was a Kenyan :tinfoilhat: 

What makes you think they want him any more than we do?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#10 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

tumblr_mattjpLe3Z1rfr9b0o1_500.pngaa2.png

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#11 mic6010

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Wait so does this halt that 41P law then while this case goes on ? Because that would really suck. I was 3 months away from finally getting to own an SBR.

Edited by mic6010, 19 January 2016 - 09:28 PM.

"Living in Chicago, it used to be, 'don't go out at night,' or 'be more careful at night'. Now it's turned into a place where it doesn't matter if it's day or night."  - John Hendricks.

#12 defaultdotxbe

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:30 PM

Wait so does this halt that 41P law then while this case goes on ? Because that would really suck. I was 3 months away from finally getting to own an SBR.

I doubt it, that's a completely separate issue from the executive actions the lawsuit is about, it just happened to be signed on the same day

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#13 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 18,972 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

I attached a copy of the complaint to the opening post.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.