Urgent Update 5/27

Tvandermyde

The senate dems met for a 2 hour caucus that devolved into a a shouting match amoung senators. 

The President is refusing to allow Senator Forby to call the house carry bill. Instead they are going to offer an amendment to their bill that takes most of the parts of the House bill but then strips out the safe harbor provisions, any private property can ban firearms on their property all they want. . 

They will remove reseraunt carry and increase penalties for carrying while intoxicated to a class A misdemeanor. 

They will also whittle down the preemption to only apply to carrying. But unclear if that applies to mags, ammunition and other things or not. 

We could see an amendment late tonight with a committee hearing in the AM but unsure as these clowns don't seem to be very organized

More as I get it.

It looks like it will be an amendment to HB183. Call your senator and urge them to oppose this bill/amendment.

Good to hear from you Todd. To verify, Oppose 183?

Please get the word out to as many people as you possibly can.

This is every bit as important as last January when both the House and Senate Chicago democrats tried to pass all kinds of unconstitutional laws.

Call tonight and leave voice mails. Call both the Springfield and district offices. Then do it again tomorrow morning. We ABSOLUTELY need to make some noise about this and we need to do it IMMEDIATELY

Do not stop calling until until we win and Call the stupid Republicans also. Radongo was all ready to sell us out last week

Call tonight and leave voice mails. Call both the Springfield and district offices. Then do it again tomorrow morning. We ABSOLUTELY need to make some noise about this and we need to do it IMMEDIATELY

Do not stop calling until until we win and Call the stupid Republicans also. Radongo was all ready to sell us out last week

Done. Will continue the phone barrage tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, don't call SB2193. Go ahead and amend HB183, pass it (perhaps) and send it over to the house. Up or down, so vote it down. Then, all that is left is SB2193 to call in the senate. By then it is the end of the week. Also, I can imagine that someone put a lot of work into an amendment to HB183 after last weeks passage of SB2193HA002. With what is invested in that effort, someone might feel it is only fair to take their product to a vote. Additionally, I would like to point out that statewide preemption where it is allowed to limit mag sizes or types of firearms carried is still a minefield for the person carrying, thus it is not really preemption. The point of preemption as it was so passionately explained by Mr. Madigan was to avoid people getting into trouble based on zip code.

Archived