Applied for CCL and FOID got revoked/CCL denied

Does anyone know how long it tends to take for the status in your ISP account to be updated once they receive your appeal? It's been a bit over a month, and I've seen others talk about how it gets updated to "under review" once they get ahold of it, but it still just saying FOID "revoked and CCL "denied". It'd be nice if there was a way to know whether they received it or not.

Not sure but I don’t think it goes under review just as they receive the forms.

It’s an appeal the board will have to review and then send back to normal channels.

Does anyone know how long it tends to take for the status in your ISP account to be updated once they receive your appeal? It's been a bit over a month, and I've seen others talk about how it gets updated to "under review" once they get ahold of it, but it still just saying FOID "revoked and CCL "denied". It'd be nice if there was a way to know whether they received it or not.

Not sure but I don’t think it goes under review just as they receive the forms.

It’s an appeal the board will have to review and then send back to normal channels.

Yeah, it not clear how often and when the board meets/schedules their review meetings. Depends on when you get put on the agenda I believe

• 3 months later...

Another update on this. I've been checking the online portal for status updates pretty much every day (I checked yesterday as well), and today both my FOID and CCL are showing as active. My CCL Issue date is listed as today. My FOID card issue date is still showing when I renewed it in 2019, so I guess they reinstated it instead of issuing me a new one.

I'm really glad that they processed the CCL decision appeal alongside the reinstatement of my FOID. I'm still a bit dismayed that I lost my 2A rights for a total of 10 months due to a clerical error, and the last 5 of those months was after getting the error rectified. And now I'll likely have to wait another month or two, if all goes well, for the cards to actually show up. Nevertheless, thanks for your help, Molly. I'll update once more when I get the cards in just so there's another figure to help with the statistics on wait-times for everyone else out there waiting.

So my CCL came in yesterday (Monday). FOID card still hasn't come in yet, though. Considering the fact that my CCL got approved, the FOID is showing as active on the portal, and they both have the same number, can I begin to use my CCL as-is legally, or do I still need to wait until I have the physical FOID in-hand? Similarly, can I legally transport guns to and from ranges, of do I need to still wait for the physical FOID? If a LEO looks the CCL number up, it'll also show that I do have a valid FOID, will it not?

Thanks

A CCL is essentially a FOID with "permission" to carry concealed, even though some merchants are confused about that.

My FOID stays home, unless I need it for a merchant. Only my CCL stays with me always.

Makes sense. Thank you.

FOID card came in today as well anyway, so I guess that's all finally finished. Thanks for your help, everyone.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I remember you post talk about blast from the past.  All too often people don't stick with it and just throw the towel in walking away and giving up I'm glad you stuck with it!

Every time you drink, someone's about to get confrontational and stuff like that happens you'll always be thinking "yeah yeah yeah I'm not even gonna bother....last thing I need is to lose this damn license".

Archived