Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

Applied 04/25/2015 without prints -

Went "Active" today!!!!!!! 07/21/2015

Can't wait to exercise my right, er privilege. I am just ready!

Congratulations brother! Good feeling aint it? Rumor has it that we are getting Constitutional carry in Illinois...in the year 2056 2156...JUST KIDDIN...BE SAFE AND WISE AND ENJOY YOUR RIGHT!

I fixed your typo ^

Hello guys, I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend of mines. Have anyone heard of the board asking for a 2nd 30 day. He have been waiting well over 160 days....he didn't do finger prints.

Yes, the new CCL Review Board is working hard to catch up with the backlog left by the old board. Once an objection has been filed and an application is sent to the CCL Review Board, the calendar stops. If he has not received a letter yet that lists who filed an objection and why, it is still possible the board will overrule the objection.

It's frustrating to wait but I believe once the board catches up with the backlog, the wait time will be greatly reduced.

Hello guys, I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend of mines. Have anyone heard of the board asking for a 2nd 30 day. He have been waiting well over 160 days....he didn't do finger prints.

Yes, the new CCL Review Board is working hard to catch up with the backlog left by the old board. Once an objection has been filed and an application is sent to the CCL Review Board, the calendar stops. If he has not received a letter yet that lists who filed an objection and why, it is still possible the board will overrule the objection.

It's frustrating to wait but I believe once the board catches up with the backlog, the wait time will be greatly reduced.

Ok, thank you Molly B. I will let him know to be patient.

Ok, thank you Molly B. I will let him know to be patient.

I should also clarify that if they do send him a letter stating who and why, he will have opportunity to reply to the board in his own behalf before they decide.

• 2 weeks later...

talked to a friend today said he send his off in April and still has not got it

Without prints? It would be due in October.

With prints? It would be overdue and he should go online and check his status to see if he is under board review.

April to October is 6 months... Without prints would be due this month.

Sorry I was counting on my other hand!

post-15558-0-55861100-1439901841_thumb.png

My total wait time was 121 days, without prints from the first time I submitted it. It was however rejected because I had a 3 month gap in my residency. This caused the application counter to start all over from the beginning. It was 83 Days for my license to go active, and 86 days to receive it in the mail. (I haven't received a new FOID. the date is a placeholder in the spreadsheet).

I was quite perturbed that it took them almost 40 days to reject it for something that the computer should check and stop the application from submitting. My fault though.

I don't k ow how you guys can stand to wait that long without prints. I'd go crazy.

I went to get prints, but was told it might be a waste of money. My fingers generally have scrapes and minor cuts in the fingerprint area due to my work. They said it was likely the ISP would reject them because of that.

Also, it's not really a big deal. I was without a carry license for my whole life. What was a couple more months.

I don't k ow how you guys can stand to wait that long without prints. I'd go crazy.

I went to get prints, but was told it might be a waste of money. My fingers generally have scrapes and minor cuts in the fingerprint area due to my work. They said it was likely the ISP would reject them because of that.

Also, it's not really a big deal. I was without a carry license for my whole life. What was a couple more months.

I'm in the same boat with torn up hands, however what is even more upsetting is that the state has already printed me for work. Not paying again.

It's jsut a way to make money for buddies, I swear. It's also asinine to have to wait this long. I have a very uncommon last name.

Oh well... I've waited longer for less.

Archived