Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Like the Year of Jubilee in the OT?

The year of Jubilee was every 50 years at which time property went back to the original owner family. Every 7 years debts were canceled or you were released if you got yourself into slavery, say because you couldn't pay your debts. I've got a Ford Jubilee Tractor, they came out in the 50th year of Ford tractor production, I believe, just a little more powerful than the 8N. Cost was $1560, claimed drawbar hp of 20.2 and tested drawbar hp of 26.8 came out in 1953.

Oh, it's after the 7th cycle of 7 years, so yeah 49 years then Jubilee. My bad. I don't spend a lot of time in OT rules and regs.

Leviticus 25:8-13

I thought Jubilee was every 7 years.

Every 7 years was a sabbath year. The year of Jubilee was when Hebrew slaves were released however, not in the 7th year as I said. Just looked up the year of Jubilee in Leviticus 25:8-13

Well I'm editing this post. I was reading in today, October 21, in Jeremiah and it says in Jeremiah 34:14 At the end of 7 years let every man set free his Hebrew brother.who was sold to you. This was commanded earlier in Deuteronomy chapter fifteen verses 12 through 14. And verse 13 there says you shall not let him go empty handed; you shall supply him liberally from you flock, from your threshing floor, and from your wine press.

So those Hebrew "slaves" were actually indentured servants who worked six years and then were released.

Might have been me. Most walmarts earn three ewws from me. Batavia is a beautiful store though, with zero ewws. But Batavia sells no ammo. Now that I mention it, the quantity of ammo available for sale is inversely proportional to the number of ewws.

Those surveys seem to have reached someone, St Charles is/was stocked!

OMG

I stopped by Bloomingdale tonight on the off chance that they received more .22LR.

This store has a habit of taking the shipping boxes and putting them directly in the ammo cabinet.

Now you might think that isn't so bad since you can still read the outside of the boxes - except, those boxes are just used to ship a mix of ammo so you never know what is actually in the box, despite what it might say.

So I had a guy go through all the boxes looking for .22LR or 100 round cartons of the Federal Champion. And despite me telling him that the ammo cartons had to be taken out of the shipping boxes and stocked properly on the shleves, he just threw everything back in the shipping boxes and shut the ammo cabinet.

I am calling the manager.

This is bull****, and Bloomingdale is the only Walmart I know of that does this.

If this is why Walmart is not sponsoring this thread then so be it!

And here again is the story of the man who dropped trou in a Walmart bathroom and let one one fly:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/man-accidentally-fires-gun-in-walmart-bathroom_n_1290733.html

Somebody had an accident. An Arizona man using a Walmart bathroom over the weekend gave shoppers the shock of their lives when his gun inadvertently discharged as he sat down to use the toilet.

Felon arrested for threatening Marble Falls teens with an ‘air-soft’ pistol

MARBLE FALLS — A man previously convicted of multiple felonies, including aggravated sexual assault of a child, faces new charges after he allegedly threatened a group of teenagers with a pistol.

The firearm, however, turned out to be an “air-soft” pistol, which fires a hard plastic projectile, officials said.

Marble Falls police charged David Andrew Crum, 38, with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon after witnesses reported the man pulled a handgun in the Marble Falls Walmart parking lot on Oct. 3 and pointed it at several teenagers.

One witness told the responding officer that he feared for his life, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

http://www.dailytrib.com/2014/10/13/felon-arrested-threatening-marble-falls-teens-toy-pistol/

No 22's at Walmart? Improvise?

What can I say..... I have plenty of these rimfire cartridges (home depot sells them - no FOID required!) for my masonry nail gun. Gotta be a crazy thing to try - always wondered if it would work.

Those nail guns are loud (as you would expect). I'm surprised my neighbors didn't call in 'shots fired' when I was using it a couple of weeks ago!

Archived