Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Just saw my kid's grammar school post the official "pursuant to ILCS 430" sign on the door.

Why would they post that sign? That is not the prevailing law right? The Federal GFSZA would be the prevailing law.

I doubt if someone brings a firearm into a school they'll be charged with a misdemeanor under the FCCA law.

Federal GFSZ does not apply if you have a state issued license.

Just saw my kid's grammar school post the official "pursuant to ILCS 430" sign on the door.

Why would they post that sign? That is not the prevailing law right? The Federal GFSZA would be the prevailing law.

I doubt if someone brings a firearm into a school they'll be charged with a misdemeanor under the FCCA law.

Is that for possession in general or loaded/concealed carry?

I know it is legal but I found it strange that the 2 main entrances where not marked, only the automotive. I guess I will have to start using the front door.

You can do that, or you can talk with store management and remind them that received a communication from HQ months ago telling them not to post those signs.

Today I went to the local Wal-Mart and a friendly staff member asked me what type of ammo I was looking for when he noticed me looking into the case. After telling him that I was looking for the 9mm he proceeded to ask me "Which kind? The NATO, Luger, or parabellum?"

After giving him a blank stare he said "You need to know which kind your gun takes. Check your owner's manual."

Yeah...

:rofl:

I am not sure but I think your CCL exempts you from Federal law.

I need to read faster.... sorry it is a repeat of information all ready presented.

I went to a strange Walmart in Plano on Saturday. It was not laid out like the others I've visited and I was shocked to see the old style of hunting weapons in their display case.

Crazy Huh? The thing I really don't like about that location is the fact that all the ammo I want is behind the counter under the rifles and it is hard to see what is what. I actually have to ask for them to tell me what they have (that and there almost always seems to be ammo there) unlike my usual run to Oswego, where I can clearly see they don't have anything in stock.

After my 3 box Federal 9mm 115gr purchase on Saturday, of which there was probably 40 boxes left, we went back later to use my wife's FOID to pick up another 3 and it was all gone. I guess I was lucky to get what I got when I got it. And yes, Oswego WM still imposes the 3 box limit according to their signage. (Which is why I stopped by Farm & Fleet to grab some 9mm NATO immediately afterwards, which seems to be more accurate in my Glock).

True story. 9mm NATO is a bit hotter.

I've NEVER seen 9 NATO at Walmart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I purchased 9mm NATO at Walmart a few months ago. That was when I couldn't find any Federal 9mm, and all they had was the ZQI brand. I purchased a few boxes to give it a try. It handled well and only one round out of 200 didn't fire the first time (after waiting my obligatory 30 seconds, it didn't look like a light strike, so I fed it through again and it fired, so maybe it was a hard primer). It took some searching on the box to figure out it was 9mm NATO as it wasn't very clear.

ETA: That Failure to Fire was in a Springfield XD. I have had no such failures in my Glock 26, I fired about 100 rounds of ZQI through the Glock on a separate weekend.

I am not sure but I think your CCL exempts you from Federal law.

I need to read faster.... sorry it is a repeat of information all ready presented.

Your CCL does not exempt you from federal law: only exempts you from intergalactic laws.

Is that for possession in general or loaded/concealed carry?

Even FOID would exempt you from the GFSZA. The FOID allows possession so exempt from the fed act. The possession loaded would still be AGG UUW without a CCL.

Has anyone else purchased ammo with their CCL?

No but I have plans to. I also have plans to go into a posted place and try to buy ammo with one (obviously unarmed) (hmm, I wonder if their "price guns" are banned too).

Unfortunately, I've only just applied (3/16) (without prints) so it will be a while before I can (Thanks to my lovely wife).

If they post only the inside of the doors , after entering can you legally leave? Are you stuck there for eternity?

If you were stuck at least you would be there whenever they bring ammo out to the shelves............................

Archived