Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage

Law of Self Defense

There appears to be a lot of white people at those protests. The picture in New York is almost all whites. This makes me think that it isn't all about race, but more about the gun.

There are some people that just fear guns. Why? Simply because it is designed to kill. That bothers some people. However, it doesn't bother me! If it comes down to an ATTACKER or ME going to the next dimension, I choose the person who is attacking me...!

It is really beyond just the gun issue, or a race issue. For a lot of folks on the left, it is the idea of using a gun without consequences. Essentially, the narrative about Florida (and to some extent Texas) is that someone with a gun can shoot you and get away with it. That absolutely terrifies people. Most of my white and Asian liberal friends (as well as a lot of very liberal media outlets) have been repeating the theme that the TM/GZ case, as well as several others, demonstrate that gun owners can kill you without any repercussions.

For instance, within the past few months I have heard from very liberal friends/and or media outlets of two self defense shootings that fit this narrative:

The first story is about a guy in Texas who has a prostitute come to his house. She takes his money and makes an excuse to leave. He realizes that she is not coming back so he gets his AK47 and shoots at the car she was leaving in, killing her. The result? Not Guilty.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/jilted-john-acquitted-texas-prostitute-death-article-1.1365975

The second story was about the elderly Florida man who found his current wife getting boned by her ex-husband. He shoots the ex in the back and kills him. He asserts "Stand Your Ground" and is acquitted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-70-acquitted-killing-wife-lover-mid-tryst-article-1.1360052

What is the most common complaint gun control advocates have against concealed carry? "It will turn the city/state/country into the Wild West!" Well, folks on the left are using these types of stories to paint the picture that the Wild West is already here because of SYG and/or CC.

The thing gun rights advocates need to worry about is that this narrative is beginning to pick up steam. What could be the result? I DO NOT believe that this will result in a loss of concealed carry. People love that to much. However, I could absolutely see "duty to retreat" when outside of the home being introduced into the self defense statutes of more (but certainly not all) states over the next 5-15 years.

.....Court doesn't go by the truth, it's what you can prove - and there was no proof that Zimmerman did anything wrong. [Now this statement is about ANY court case, not just the Zimmerman case......]

A lawyer friend of mine once told me truth, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I do think the jurors got this one right.

Personally I believe in a thing called white guilt. A lot of the pictures from NY the white people had signs saying "Racism Kills!" And other such antics. There's a whole bunch of white people who feel what's called white guilt aka white people are horrible people, too privileged, what we did a couple HUNDRED years ago was obviously bad so now we have to be apologetic and kiss butt for the rest of eternity. I'm not being speculative or saying anything crazy. When something comes out as racist in the media look at the people that are outraged and complaining ... Most of them are white.

Read Ann Coulter's book, "Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the 70's to Obama." It provides a history (well annotated, I might add) of this exact subject and goes into detail of how the elites in the Democratic party and liberal media have successfully exploited white guilt for political gain. But the use of guilt is not limited to just matters of race, it can be used anywhere a "victim" can be found and a "villain" can be blamed. Typically the "villain" is---you guessed it---old white men. You don't need to dig very deep into today's headlines to figure out what other groups have been adopted by the elites

It is really beyond just the gun issue, or a race issue. For a lot of folks on the left, it is the idea of using a gun without consequences. Essentially, the narrative about Florida (and to some extent Texas) is that someone with a gun can shoot you and get away with it. That absolutely terrifies people. Most of my white and Asian liberal friends (as well as a lot of very liberal media outlets) have been repeating the theme that the TM/GZ case, as well as several others, demonstrate that gun owners can kill you without any repercussions.

For instance, within the past few months I have heard from very liberal friends/and or media outlets of two self defense shootings that fit this narrative:

The first story is about a guy in Texas who has a prostitute come to his house. She takes his money and makes an excuse to leave. He realizes that she is not coming back so he gets his AK47 and shoots at the car she was leaving in, killing her. The result? Not Guilty.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/jilted-john-acquitted-texas-prostitute-death-article-1.1365975

The second story was about the elderly Florida man who found his current wife getting boned by her ex-husband. He shoots the ex in the back and kills him. He asserts "Stand Your Ground" and is acquitted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-70-acquitted-killing-wife-lover-mid-tryst-article-1.1360052

What is the most common complaint gun control advocates have against concealed carry? "It will turn the city/state/country into the Wild West!" Well, folks on the left are using these types of stories to paint the picture that the Wild West is already here because of SYG and/or CC.

The thing gun rights advocates need to worry about is that this narrative is beginning to pick up steam. What could be the result? I DO NOT believe that this will result in a loss of concealed carry. People love that to much. However, I could absolutely see "duty to retreat" when outside of the home being introduced into the self defense statutes of more (but certainly not all) states over the next 5-15 years.

This is F'ing disturbing!

Those two cases are definitely MURDER. They were NOT being attacked and their life was not endangered.

Zimmerman was different. I said previously that - in my opinion - Zimmerman's actions (because his lack of experience) cause the chain of events to happen which resulted in Martin's death.

...BUT...

Once Zimmerman was in the situation, getting beat up, he had a reasonable justification to use force. If somebody is kicking your butt you cannot determine reasonably that they will NOT try to kill you.

...HOWEVER...

People cannot go around shooting people for crazy reasons such as "that Ho stole my money" or "that guy is screwing my wife". In those cases get another Ho and get another wife! You can't change people but you CAN change your situation!

I can think of a thousand ways to justify murder by using those two cases as examples. Shootings should only be justified if your life or another's is in danger, or else the liberals are right, it is the Wild West (and ironically in that case I'll need my guns more than ever)...!

Talk about media bias during the trial, these head-lines after the verdict are sickening.

I never thought any news outlet should be biased. "Shocking not guilty verdict" is not news. "verdict a travesty" is not news, it is ones opinion.

Someone told me yesterday that the only reason to carry a gun is to hurt people. I said, "So the knife I carry with me every day for the last dozen years is to hurt people, but I haven't hurt anyone with it yet?" He said I carry it for work, I laughed at him and said "There is no way I would use my carry knife on a roof, that it was way too expensive and razor blades were cheaper and are the proper tool for a roofer." He went on to say that he teachers some law enforcement class at the local community college, I really don't like this couple. I said the only thing Zimmerman is guilty of is putting himself in a bad situation.

Do all cops want to hurt people then? I think the carry evil guns!

I asked him that also. That's when he began muttering about teaching some law enforcement class. I wonder what qualifications he has, I know at some point he was an EMT, but if you ask him he is a professor and engineer, was talking about when He specified a generator for the water works or some crap. Every time I see this couple at my favorite watering hole I sigh and see how much beer I have to drink before I get to leave.

We were arguing about what farm raised talipia eat, and I told him poop. Showed him a dirty jobs clip, he started explaining the shape of their mouth blah blah blah, then yesterday also told me, "I don't like talipia because most of it is farm raised and they feed it poop." I did all I could not to laugh in his face.

He's one of those guys.

Things are getting worse.

http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/340995/450/350/3_21_013108_Kenya.jpg

Just so folks don't jump to conclusions, that is a picture of riots in Kenya (I think back in the spring).

I know it seems weird of me to have to explain that, but as early as yesterday, someone posted a picture of what they claimed were riots happening in Miami Sunday as a result of the verdict. Some astute viewers looked at the video and realized that it was in fact photos of the riots in Vancouver Canada back in 2011, when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup to the Bruins.

http://o.canada.com/2013/07/14/miami-riots-not-real/

Someone told me yesterday that the only reason to carry a gun is to hurt people.

The reason I carry a gun (I mean WILL carry one, of course) isn't to hurt, it's to kill. I won't sugarcoat it. I will never draw it unless I feel that's what I have to do to protect my family or myself. My guns only purpose is to stop a threat - and the only intent I would have to pull it is to kill if needed.

I'm sure the person you were having a discussion with didn't mean it quite that way, but that's the truth. The knife I carry is used for various things, including something as simple as cutting my sons straw shorter in a restaurant, but I'm never going to open a bottle with my gun. :)

Everything I've read says that a person uses the firearm to incapacitate an attacker -to cause them to cease their aggression.

Yes! Making statements against interest like the person to whom you are responding did is what leads to lengthy incarceration.

Its unusual how apologetic the woman is. She's really careful to separate the violent looters from the protesters.

Save this video, because the woman says the police were not organized - there was no real response. Makes one wonder why anyone would ever need an AR15.

Someone told me yesterday that the only reason to carry a gun is to hurt people.

The reason I carry a gun (I mean WILL carry one, of course) isn't to hurt, it's to kill. I won't sugarcoat it. I will never draw it unless I feel that's what I have to do to protect my family or myself. My guns only purpose is to stop a threat - and the only intent I would have to pull it is to kill if needed.

I'm sure the person you were having a discussion with didn't mean it quite that way, but that's the truth. The knife I carry is used for various things, including something as simple as cutting my sons straw shorter in a restaurant, but I'm never going to open a bottle with my gun. :)

I have to sorta disagree. While I totally understand what you are saying, the first role of my gun is as a hopeful deterrent. "Stop! I have a gun! Get away now or I will shoot!" I hope if/when I pull the gun from my holster I don't have to kill. I'm hoping the attacker is sane enough to run away. Actually shooting it is the secondary role of the gun.

Archived