FarrowTech Ruger Mark 3-4 Charging Handle mini review

RandyP

I like my Mark III but my aging fingers have always had a slight issue manipulating the charging handle. I am aware of the $50 aluminum accessory handle available, but thought I'd try the 3-D printed $20 plastic offering from FarrowTech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b3uYOwjIUU

Purchasing link is below
Price includes shipping. The handle shipped via USPS the same day I ordered it, and I had it in hand shortly thereafter.

Once I found/bought the necessary but not supplied .050 allen wrench, the install was beyond simple and it looks like it will be more than robust enough for my use. The black material used looks great too. Makes charging the pistol a super-easy and comfortable process now. I recommend it - would probably help anyone who has issues chambering a round.

I have my sights set on a Mark IV lite. They just look like way too much fun to shoot, especially if you set it up as an open gun with an optic.

The two companies I've found with aftermarket parts are Tandemkross that ming mentioned above, as well as Volquartsen.

I'll probably hit the buy button over the winter. I'll likely add on that Halo charging ring as well as their comp.

How do you like the Mark 3? Have you had a chance to compare it to the Mark 4?

The Mark III is a fine pistol and will surely outlive me - lol

That said, NOTHING beats the Mark IV super-simple takedown and reassembly. That alone makes it the better purchase IMHO. I always clean any gun I use at the range when I get home but I wait till I have the patience stored up to disassemble, clean and then put the beastie back together.

The Mark III is a fine pistol and will surely outlive me - lol

That said, NOTHING beats the Mark IV super-simple takedown and reassembly. That alone makes it the better purchase IMHO. I always clean any gun I use at the range when I get home but I wait till I have the patience stored up to disassemble, clean and then put the beastie back together.

That's what I've heard about the two models as well. I've always wanted one, but it was always a type of gun that was way down on my wanted list. The only reason I'm considering one now is to shoot Steel Challenge with lol. It just looks like way too much fun.

I hear ya on the disassembly. I clean my AR's every time I shoot them, but I usually don't do it the same day, or within the following week. I hate cleaning them but I force myself to, and it's usually the day before a 3 gun match lol. My shotgun gets cleaned maybe every 500 rounds or so. The Benelli M2 is about as painful to do a full cleaning on as an AR is.

I'm definitely looking forward to that Ruger though! I've actually still never shot one.

My first pistol was a MK2 government target model. 6 7/8” bull barrel. Loved it. Then got ADD and wanted something else.

Picked up a couple MK2 competition models (stainless slab sides). One for me, one for my son. Tack drivers and fun to shoot. Figure I’ll put a Leupy 2x pistol scope on it for plinking critters....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived