Dan Wesson 1911’s

Rilo

I collect 1911s and feel Dan Wesson is the best production 1911s on the market until you get to the semi custom $3000 ish range.

I currently have a Guardian in 38 Super.

Check out 1911addicts forum

That’s a glowing recommendation! I’ll check that forum out and likely buy it. I appreciate your honesty, I don’t want to shell $4k on a WC

If you buy a DW 9mm, I suggest a Valor Commander, Valor, or V-Bob. For about $2200, you can get an Ed Brown EVO, which are incredible guns. I own or have owned everything mentioned, except the V-Bob, which is simply a Valor Commander with a bob. The lesser DW's have risen so much in price that it makes no sense not to pop for the flagship Valor.

I have a Dan Wesson PM9 (9mm 1911). It is by far the most accurate gun I own. More accurate than I am. You can tell how quality it is by the fit and finish. Well worth every penny I spent. There is very little take up and absolutely no creep whatsoever in the trigger. It's a crisp 3lb SA trigger right out of the box and needs no trigger work at all. I would agree it's the best production 1911 out there without getting into custom builds at twice the price.

Archived