Inadvertent Yes

• 3 months later...

I did this on my CCL application way back when. The ambiguous question about drug or alcohol rehab, "Have you EVER...." and I got a DUI in 2003 so I answered yes because I had to go to DUI classes and such. They denied me saying I'd been in rehab in the last 5 years (internal question did not match external). Had to file an affidavit through my rep's office saying I inadvertently answered yes. They reinstated my application and issued my CCL soon after. That may be a route you can take that's quicker than an appeal. Originally ISP told me I was SOL until a bunch of people got caught up with the same issue and I guess they didn't want a mountain of appeals to deal with. 

On 1/4/2024 at 10:14 PM, JTHunter said:

Fortunately, most of my "encounters" have basically been because of "leadfootitus". :D And that has been when I was a bit younger.

I remember when a probationary trooper pulled me over for 73 in a 65. This was right after CCLs were first issued. He asked me why he stopped me, I shrugged my shoulders and said "I thought you guys wouldn't stop me if I'm not doing 10 or more over." He laughed, thanked me for my honesty, told me he was giving me a warning because I was completely honest, went back to his squad, wrote up the warning, came back and handed it to me, told me to have a good night. As he's walking back to his squad he stops, turns around, asks me if I have any guns in the car (a question I technically didn't have to answer because he'd finished the stop after handing me the warning, my DL and insurance card back to me and told me to go on my way). Told him "not tonight." He laughed, said he'd never seen a real CCL and that I was the first CCL holder he'd ever encountered so I pulled out my CCL card and showed him. He gawked at it for a little bit, said "they only showed us the model one that says John Q Public" on it. Handed it back to me, thanked me for my cooperation, told me to slow down and enjoy my night.

Edited by skinnyb82