FFL-IL v Pritzker

Tvandermyde

ok gang, I know it's depressing at time but we still have options

1. McGlynn seems to want to move the merits case along quickly. I think the reason hes not going to give us an injunction on the registration is NOT to give the 3 judge panel a second bit at the apple as he sees holes to drive a bus through. 

2. Groups will likely file a cert petition and we could ask them to hold said petition if not inclined to grant it outright then hold it until Rahimi and Cargill have been decided so we could get a GVR

3. lets see what the DOJ files in Cargil tomorrow and Kwame files in a week -- my bet is they file the 21 anti-gun AGs with a boiler plate guns are bad bumpstocks are machineguns amici

4. I think we could see a decision on the merits by 4/15. But with two cases pending at SCOTUS, we will see something, most likely some clarification on Issues by the end of June, which would be about the time we would be getting in front of the Court of appeals. The real trick is going to be to get Bevis and Herearras  to not be the lead case on the merits, because the Southerns cases would be a win for our side not fighting a loss like they did

On 12/17/2023 at 7:03 AM, Tvandermyde said:

4. I think we could see a decision on the merits by 4/15. But with two cases pending at SCOTUS, we will see something, most likely some clarification on Issues by the end of June, which would be about the time we would be getting in front of the Court of appeals. The real trick is going to be to get Bevis and Herearras  to not be the lead case on the merits, because the Southerns cases would be a win for our side not fighting a loss like they did

But we still get screwed until then! Guess the courts don't care about that!

• 2 months later...