Damaged/Cracked FOID

My FOID cracked straight across the top between my FOID number and my name. Presumably from having it in my wallet and sitting on it all these years. I'm going to be taking the class to get my CCL again this weekend. I'm going to just tape it back together for the short term but on the ISP website it has an option to report lost/stolen/destroyed FOID cards. I'm guessing that falls under the destroyed category. Should I do that at the same time I apply for my CCL? or wait until after I get my CCL? My FOID still has 2 years of being valid. 

If you can glue the edges then do that. If you can tape it and have it hold for two years then do that.

Im assuming when you say getting your CCL again you mean the renewal? If so the CCL is all you need to have on you if you wish. 

If you are getting a NEW CCL then I would recommend getting both at the exact time and that way they can and will match up the numbers.

Good Luck 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:43 PM, Bubbacs said:

If you can glue the edges then do that. If you can tape it and have it hold for two years then do that.

Im assuming when you say getting your CCL again you mean the renewal? If so the CCL is all you need to have on you if you wish. 

If you are getting a NEW CCL then I would recommend getting both at the exact time and that way they can and will match up the numbers.

Good Luck 

I'll see how gluing it works out. I do not mean renewing my CCL. I let it lapse a couple of years ago so I have to take 8 hours over again. 

The clear tape front and back should hold it until it's time to renew.  Once you have your CCL, that's all you have to carry on you.  Submitting a lost/stolen/damaged request is a dark hole that you want to avoid if possible.  I know for the lost/stolen report the FOID is deemed invalid.  I would assume the same for damaged. 

On 10/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, Molly B. said:

The clear tape front and back should hold it until it's time to renew.  Once you have your CCL, that's all you have to carry on you.  Submitting a lost/stolen/damaged request is a dark hole that you want to avoid if possible.  I know for the lost/stolen report the FOID is deemed invalid.  I would assume the same for damaged. 

I've got it taped for now. Thanks for the info about the lost/stolen report invalidating my FOID. Definitely don't want to do that. I'm going to keep the taped version til it expires. 

Archived