Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

On 4/7/2022 at 7:07 PM, rjgogo said:

I submitted mine I think the jan 20th  with prints and it went to this today.   if it went to any other status I missed it.  I never got an email.  been checking the site every so often.  

Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing.

Couple of weeks for print and mail?  

Status changed to printed on 4/15, then to printed 4/19, and in my hand today.  

My renewal was filed 10/13/21, my wife filed same time.  We both submitted fingerprints but hers were accepted and mine were not.  She had her CCL in less than 90 days.  Mine finally got "printed" 5/9/22, and I just see this morning that it has a revised print date of 5/27/22.Obviously it still has not physically arrived. 

I very much look forward to voting in November....

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the time-line of my renewal.

This is so messed up.

I think I was lied to by so many people.

And they want us to trust them. 

7/25/21  Applied for CCL Renwal, no finger prints 

2/20/22 Sent an E-mail to Brendan Kelly

2/22/22 Got an E-Mail re-pley from Shelby Weisher saying I was approved and should get card in 10 Business days 

4/14/22 Sent another E-mail to Shelby Weishar said card was printed 4/12/22 and would go out in the mail

4/30/22 Sent another E-mail and the response was notheing

5/4/22   Sent another E-mail and informed them I was still waiting

5/16/22 Called and talked to Shelby Weishar and she said that someone would check on the card.

5/16/22 Talked to a gentalman from ISP and he said card was reprintd on 5/16/22  and should have it in 14-18 days

5/28/22 Now showes printed on web site 5/26/28

6/3/22   Got the card in the mail

Gentalman at ISP said that they don't advertis it but phones are turned on at 7:30 am so start trying to call at that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 4:21 PM, Little Duck said:

Here is the time-line of my renewal.

This is so messed up.

I think I was lied to by so many people.

And they want us to trust them. 

7/25/21  Applied for CCL Renwal, no finger prints 

2/20/22 Sent an E-mail to Brendan Kelly

2/22/22 Got an E-Mail re-pley from Shelby Weisher saying I was approved and should get card in 10 Business days 

4/14/22 Sent another E-mail to Shelby Weishar said card was printed 4/12/22 and would go out in the mail

4/30/22 Sent another E-mail and the response was notheing

5/4/22   Sent another E-mail and informed them I was still waiting

5/16/22 Called and talked to Shelby Weishar and she said that someone would check on the card.

5/16/22 Talked to a gentalman from ISP and he said card was reprintd on 5/16/22  and should have it in 14-18 days

5/28/22 Now showes printed on web site 5/26/28

6/3/22   Got the card in the mail

Gentalman at ISP said that they don't advertis it but phones are turned on at 7:30 am so start trying to call at that time.

Call a couple of minutes prior to that.  It used to be they didn’t open until 8 back in 2020 was my understanding.  If they now open at 7:30, call at about 7:27 or 7:28.  As I recall by the time you get through the menus that you have to listen to all the prompts, it may take you a couple of minutes to actually get to where you can speak to someone.  

If you are doing a new application, my understanding is that you aren’t legal to carry until the card is in hand.  If I recall, in Illinois if for some reason you’d be stopped and an officer asks to see your permit that you are required to show it.  So if you don’t have that with you, you may not have a good day.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update on mine

Applied: 11/2/2021

Under Board Review: 2/16/2022

• Emailed ISP & State Reps: 5/8/2022 - 5/10/2022 (Sent emails to different people over the course of these days.)
  • Emailed ISP & State Reps Again: 6/17/2022 (Got an email back from Lieutenant Governor Stratton saying they've passed info along.)

CCLRB Asked For Response: 7/12/2022

Sent Response: 7/14/2022

Under Review to Active & Printed: 7/18/2022

I also know another person that came from Under Board Review to Active today, so I take it they are trying to speed up I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived