Is a full covered holster considered "concealed?"

Joe Six Gun

The photo is the same holster I have. From reading the law it appears to be legal. I was wondering if this issue has came up before because it would be a lot easier/more comfortable for me to carry a mid size gun in the summer. I haven't tried it yet but was wondering if I could use it next year.

With cooler weather getting here I have a shoulder rig for my Glock 22 which is well hidden under a jacket.

What is a gold SP? Not sure I understand that reference.

It sounds like the consensus is "don't try it". :) There is certainly some "gray area" in the law. But if you push the limits, there is a good chance you will end up with a very expensive court battle which you may or may not win. Personally, I wouldn't like to take that risk, but others may.

There are other options available which are known fully legal, and are a better choice than the "roll of the dice"...

But always a good question to bring up... :beer1:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161104/c98dfb67346f94076462ce289a27ec77.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, yes....nothing says "Concealed" like a huge leather PDA case with "SP" emblazoned on the flap...

Kinda' like Homer Simpson coming out of the witness relocation program wearing a red "WRP" baseball cap and an "Witness Relocation Program" t-shirt...

post-3199-0-33920900-1408211424_thumb.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161104/c98dfb67346f94076462ce289a27ec77.png

Ahh, yes....nothing says "Concealed" like a huge leather PDA case with "SP" emblazoned on the flap...

Kinda' like Homer Simpson coming out of the witness relocation program wearing a red "WRP" baseball cap and an "Witness Relocation Program" t-shirt...

99.99% of non-gun people have no idea what the SP on a leather case stands for. I wore a SP with my Wather 380 all summer and not one person said anything about it.

99.99% of non-gun people have no idea what the SP on a leather case stands for. I wore a SP with my Wather 380 all summer and not one person said anything about it.

Good for you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. The spirit of the law is to hide from the general public the fact that you're armed. A Sneaky Pete does that.The farther your actions are from the spirit of the law the more likely it is you'll have to argue the letter of the law. Some people are more willing to do that than others.

What was the spirit of the SBR law? It seemed to me that the spirit was to allow reenacters to have accurate weapons, but there are people here who use the letter of the law to legally own SBRs, even though they do not participate in reenactments. Now tell me about the difference between the spirit of the law and the letter of the law.

It's the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. The spirit of the law is to hide from the general public the fact that you're armed. A Sneaky Pete does that.The farther your actions are from the spirit of the law the more likely it is you'll have to argue the letter of the law. Some people are more willing to do that than others.

What was the spirit of the SBR law? It seemed to me that the spirit was to allow reenacters to have accurate weapons, but there are people here who use the letter of the law to legally own SBRs, even though they do not participate in reenactments. Now tell me about the difference between the spirit of the law and the letter of the law.

There's a big difference, I just can't think of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're correct to speak of that spirit of the law in the past tense.

That's exactly what the law said and what it meant, right up until the legislation that changed it took effect in 2012.

Archived